Paint colour codes

Soldato
I need to get some paint mixed up and have been given the colour codes from the manufacturer but i cant find these colours any where online. Any ideas how i can get these mixed?

YS-9429A - metallic blue
HM17-008 - orange

Commissario
Are these car paints and who is the manufacturer?

IIRC if they're car paints they should generally be in a format that is to a specific standard (IIRC there is a standard federal code system for all car paints in the US), but they may also be manufacturer specific codes and need translating to the equivalent standardised code.

If it is a car paint virtually any good spray shop or place that does the painting should be able to take the code and mix you the right paint up.

Commissario
Even if Chinese there should be a standard conversion chart, although it may not be as easy as car paints.

IIRC there are several main standards, the ISO standard, the Federal standard and the various other ones, but good paint supplier should be able to match but it will likely be beyond the Halfords etc who tend to go mainly by the registration number/car number and have their DB set up basically for car and motorbike colours commonly used in the UK.

Possibly look for a company that does custom car/motorbike spray jobs and give them a ring/email, I suspect a lot of them may have a better ability to colour match odd paints/non standard colours than a general place like Halfords.

Soldato
OP
I have emailed Giant about the codes/standards as i know their bikes aren't painted in Europe. I only need a small amount of the blue for touch up purposes.

Soldato
OP
mtb = mountain bike :D

Giant customer service couldn't give me anymore details other than the codes and a good paint retailer should be able to mix it up.

Is this vehicle paint? If so get in touch with a paint supplier in your area.

Google “car paint suppliers” “Bodyshop suppliers beds” etc.

If you want to let me know what town you’re in I might know of one nearby as I work in the industry :)

Arlesey

Soldato
OP
That colour is matt and the one i'm after is metallic and gloss.

I have emailed several car paint suppliers and they cant find the codes in their database. I have emailed https://www.y-s-paint.com.tw/ as they have a catalogue of YS codes and mention they supply paint for bikes.

Failing that i may have to take the bike locally and get it colour matched.

Back
Top Bottom