US: Fear the Walking Dead

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not sure if anyone else watching but Mixed feelings about this season. Still enjoying it with some good parts but...

Aaron standford's character was pointless.
Ah man. I just recently finished watching 12 monkeys so that kind of hurt. I was expecting him to have a big role and was very excited to see him join the cast. Very disappointing indeed.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Ah man. I just recently finished watching 12 monkeys so that kind of hurt. I was expecting him to have a big role and was very excited to see him join the cast. Very disappointing indeed.

Exact same feeling mate.

Man of Honour
Without reading too much of the trhread to avoid spoilers should season 4 be avoided then? I've quite enjoyed the first 3 seasons compared to recent TWD seasons.

It is largely pretty flat - a few good bits here and there and the odd 1-2 actually pretty decent episodes but the vast majority of it has been like watching paint dry.

Atleast they seem to have backed off some of the really annoying stuff in the second half but it isn't any more interesting (EDIT best described as I saw elsewhere as lacklustre).

That ethanol scene didn't make any sense.

Just when I thought they'd mostly managed to avoid anything too stupid the second half of this season.

Caporegime
Just when I thought they'd mostly managed to avoid anything too stupid the second half of this season.

I can buy them drinking watered down ethanol or bottles of alcohol.
But all they had to do was get a glass or something and get the ethanol that was pouring out. I don't even think the bullets shot the bottom of the tanker either.

Associate
But all they had to do was get a glass or something and get the ethanol that was pouring out. I don't even think the bullets shot the bottom of the tanker either.

When it was pouring out, why didn't they just get something to catch it in?!? the tanker was full of it!..

Also drinking even a small amount of Anti-Freeze is very bad and in most cases lasting brain damage/kidney problems but all affected recover 100% after a bottle of beer! haha

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Morgan was doing my head in. I gotta save you despite you harming my friends multiple times and repeatedly tried to kill us. Can you just stop!!!! No no I can save you, your about turn but I can still save you. Not the best moment of the series.

That crazy mop headed woman has totally ruined this season for me.

It was completely stupid and the whole idea was made up without much thought and it showed. Terrible writing and how many times did group get a chance to kill her and how many chances did the lunatic was able to turn Maggie Grace by infecting her.

When it was pouring out, why didn't they just get something to catch it in?!? the tanker was full of it!..

Again whole thing poorly thought out even with the bullets holes the level of liquid at the bottom of a giant tanker should have been enough for more than few bottles.

Very disappointed with the ending as it could have been so much better.

Caporegime
I'm near the end of season 3 and at this point the only characters I really like are Troy, Victor and the Mexican hairdresser guy at the dam, the core family can die for all I care. Since they came to the ranch it seems to have gone the way of recent TWD seasons with them doing silly things as though the script is being written just to set up future situations and the zombies seem to have taken a back seat to Coronation Street type drama. These shows are far better when small groups are going different places and zombies are the threat, as opposed to being in a gated community and getting involved in gang warfare.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Gonna guess there maybe lots of deaths next season :)

And do agree it was a bit flat overall, great start with the unexpected death of a central character but then him popping up afterwards in flash backs and morgan introduction with the cross overs then eventually forming together it did feel a bit mish mashed together.

I think they do need a stronger central character, now that most have died and maybe morgan with his moral and ethical compass maybe not quite it for now.

Caporegime
I'm keen to see season 4 now with how season 3 ended even though the psychopathic mother gets on my nerves. It was going a bit silly like TWD at some points during the season though. I definitely prefer it as things stand over the last few seasons of TWD dead though.

Soldato
Finally up to date with FTWD!

S1 - S3, excellent, takes us back to what the TWD did when it first started ie everything was new, walkers were to be feared.

S4 - WTF? Why? Why do we need a crossover? Why did we jump so far ahead in time when what was keeping the show fresh was the group surviving encounters with the walkers and not the usual TWD meet new baddie > pew pew pew > rinse and repeat.

S4 - Flashbacks, interesting, but very much similar to TWD and once we knew Nick had died, his flashbacks were soul destroying as we knew his fate - it was a little depressing, as the character was interesting and developing and no matter what he did, we knew what was going to happen to him :(

Final episode:

Ethanol - ridiculous, it was pouring out of the tanker and everyone just watched it drain. How about sticking up the container Victor had and filling up that bad boy? Or get into the trailer and i am sure you will find Ethanol at the bottom - more than enough. Also......i have real experience of this, in Afghan, we found a few locals had drunk alcohol that had been mixed with anti-freeze, (don't ask!) the doctors hooked them up to IV's containing pure alcohol and unfortunately their organs shut down and they died - it wasn't a case of a few sips of beer and all good!!!!

Morgan - started out a decent character in FTWD, but soon developed into the show revolving around him and his ridiculous 'soul searching'. It's a god damn zombie apocalypse, this woman has beaten, killed and poisoned people, yet he still tries to save her and putting everybody's life in danger in the process and so many chances to put her down. Real life - no speeches, no soul searching, bullet to the brain to the crazy freak. HOWEVER.......if that did happen, then perhaps rest of the group may have died as Morgan would not have been able to tell them what the poison was.

This isn't TWD, this isn't the Morgan show, we should retcon S4 and carry on from S3 with the main group........................:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom