Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
What was wrong with the old car? What was it?
And to be honest 1500 seems a little steep for that considering the damage and the rust. What year/engine?
the old car being a french poo box 307SW, worth £200 scrap money needed work done costing about £600, needed new brakes, tyres, something on the rear suspension.

the saab is a 07plate 2.0T aero anniversary

Soldato
Ah OK I thought it looked earlier than that, like 03 or something. 1500 seems alright then to be honest. :)

For reference, my 03 Aero was £1150 at the beginning of last year with 98k on it, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I personally wouldn't have been too keen on paying £1500 with the doors in that condition, but if the rest of the car is up to scratch, then its not a bad price. @dr_volki - check the condition of the battery, these cars are sensitive to them dropping voltage, don't want it to die in the middle of winter like mine :p

Associate
For reference, my 03 Aero was £1150 at the beginning of last year with 98k on it, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I personally wouldn't have been too keen on paying £1500 with the doors in that condition, but if the rest of the car is up to scratch, then its not a bad price. @dr_volki - check the condition of the battery, these cars are sensitive to them dropping voltage, don't want it to die in the middle of winter like mine :p
i probably slightly overpaid but needed something quick since my old car only had 5days left on the MOT. still not many saabs to choose from in general unless i wanted to spend twice that.
ta on the battery check will get that done at the weekend

Caporegime
I think he does ECU exchanges. And I don't know if he has a dyno, but if he does, I doubt your car would be going on it. Its a pre-made and optimised re-map for your engine, not a bespoke tune. You wouldn't want to spend bespoke tune money on a 1500 quid Saab anyway :p

Associate
I think he does ECU exchanges. And I don't know if he has a dyno, but if he does, I doubt your car would be going on it. Its a pre-made and optimised re-map for your engine, not a bespoke tune. You wouldn't want to spend bespoke tune money on a 1500 quid Saab anyway :p
call me silly, but i'm wary of bob in a shed doing anything to my car :p

Back
Top Bottom