women drivers

Caporegime
When I say "crap drivers" I don't mean dangerous, women have notoriously worse situational awareness, spacial awareness and are for the most part incapable of adjusting to the road they're on. I'm an extremely judgmental driver so pay far more attention to other road users than I should and I'd say if there's something stupid going down, or someone who's placed their car in such a way that it hinders others, it's 90% of the time a woman. They just have zero clue about how to be less of a pain in the ass to other road users. This of course doesn't make them dangerous, just a pain in the ass.

Soldato
OP
Women in general make crap drivers, you can't possibly dispute this.

I do however think the woman in the OP might have been driving someone else's car or something.

What!!-- No matter what car you are in if the wipers are going surely there is something amiss - Also thinking back on it when she pressed the fob I didn't see the indicators flash but that might have been because headlights or driving lights were on (didn't mention that in OP)

Soldato
I pulled up in a parking bay at Matalan and in opposite bay but one to left was a woman in a 2 door BMW saloon - Looked new but had private plate - The wipers were going on intermittent - she got out watched wipers then walked away aiming fob at car and was gone - I sat there wondering if BMW wipers worked when locked up so got out and walked over and engine was still running - Shall I go in Matalan and get them to call her over the tannoy -- naaaa -tough if it's gone. - I left before she came back - I assume it was keyless.

A 2 door BMW saloon you say?

Soldato
Playing devils advocate here, because I try not to subscribe to the "woman = instant bad driver" theory, but he didn't say they were dangerous...he said they were crap. I've seen the same argument in young driver vs. elderly driver arguments, where someone will try to claim that the elderly are better drivers by presenting accident statistics proving that young males are statistically more dangerous and involved in more accidents.

However it misses the point, which is that when people talk about crap driving, they don't have to be referring to dangerous habits...there are plenty of driving traits that can be considered the mark of a "bad" driver, without necessarily being dangerous. Therefore the reasoning for these opinions tends to be from anecdotal experience.

I agree entirely. Bad driver does not instantly mean fatal or serious accident and there is a lot which can differentiate a bad driver from a good driver.

Just from my own experiences, women drivers tend to have far more minor accidents, especially when parking. They seem to reverse into poles/other cars/scrape up road furniture and misjudge space and distance far more then men do. Another thing that I hear a lot of women doing is hitting kerbs and/or blowing out tyres in the process. Most of the types of incident they have are akin to what older drivers (who are mostly *terrible* drivers) have, which are obviously scarcely fatal and rarely reported to the insurance company because of the lower level of cost. I find middle aged (and old) women to be unduly slow in their decision making, hesitant at things like junctions and roundabouts and although they drive slowly, they really aren't looking at what is happening around them (that said, men will drive faster and still often aren't aware what's happening around them, which isn't good!). They may have more accidents in places like junctions/roundabouts (as the "non fault" party from people rear ending them) but again, these are scarcely fatal.

Younger men tend to make idiotic decisions. They will overtake in some insane places, sit 0.2cm from the car in front and most have the driving skill of a chimp, but think they are Lewis Hamilton. Surprise surprise when they tend to have more higher speed/higher injury accidents. Middle aged men tend to be in a rush a lot more and old men seem to drive as slowly and aimlessly as old women.

You're aware that the statistics are from the US, yes? Just checking because that feels like an opinion based on your experience in the UK. When I was in the US, even just "driving to the shops" would often mean driving much further than you would in the UK, not just pottering down the high street at 30mph.

What he's alluding to is that the type of journey, and indeed times of travel, would be statistically significant. I'm willing to bet that, on average, women make far more local journeys in towns and cities in areas familiar to them, than men who may travel further afield in areas that are unfamiliar.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This is the car and woman driver

414210719.jpg

414210718.jpg

PS- the date and time on my dashcam is 11 yrs out

I can see how this would catch someone out not used to keyless. I was caught out when I changed cars last time. My old mini would stop start, but as it was keyed when I pulled up at home/work etc I could just pop the key, get out and lock it.
When I got the Audi it would stop start when I pulled up, but as it was keyless it was in "on but not running mode" this would not allow the car to be locked as it was in its mind still "on"
Add in the fact it will turn itself back on, ie restart the motor if required (for whatever and however it decides this) and I can see completely how someone not completely aware of this may end up..
Pulling up, car stops. Get out and walk off pressing lock on remote. Car then restarts as it decides it needs to be running again.

Man of Honour
If I'm doing 1000 miles a year just going to the shops and back I'm a lot less likely to have a fatal crash than doing 1000 miles at 70mph.
Negative ghostrider, your stats are wildly incorrect.

Assuming you're doing 70 on roads you should be doing 70 on and not doing 70 while nipping to the shops.

Back
Top Bottom