*** Nintendo Switch ***

Permabanned
Octopath traveler is good. Xenoblade 2. Super smash bros, Pokemon (although don’t have it), Nino Kuni 2 although you can get on steam.

To be fair once you get into Zelda you will say goodbye to 100hrs or more of your life so just on the one game for me anyway it’s a worthy purchase. There are loads more big games arriving this year and next.

But yeah console game pricing is a big downside.

Yeah, you're probably right I'm not finished with Zelda and probably won't be a long while yet.

Just a shame about the pricing of titles in general from their store.

Man of Honour
lol I didn't even realise that was happening. OK I might give them another look :p
There's a dash symbol with a cross on it when you encounter the first one.

Just a shame about the pricing of titles in general from their store.

That's the issue with console licence fees. I buy from foreign eShops and also wait for games to go on sale, and I also buy few "AAA" games as they tend to be overpriced and focus on graphics over gameplay most of the time. A few games such as Splatoon 2 have given me superb value for money (over 500 hours).

Edit: I take it all back, B Sides is delightfully difficult!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just done the first set of B Sides. That was great fun.

Been strawberry hunting this afternoon. Missing one off the first area. I didn't even know you could go back to the levels and see which ones you're missing. Adds a dimension to it that I wasn't aware of before and I like it!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...percent_off_more_than_130_switch_games_europe

Big eshop sale in the UK today. Go Digital sale with more than 130 titles on offer. May grab steamworld heist myself

I've been very good lately in not spending anything on the eshop. This is not helping! Will check it out when I get home to see if anything on my watch list is on sale. Thanks for the heads up :)

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
It's in the entire PAL region so you can use the SA store for another 10-20% saving.

Argh there are loads of games from my wish list on sale. Definitely getting Bastion and The Messenger.
Bastions on mine too, missed it when I skimmed the list. Good stuff. Played it a little before on another platform but not extensively

Soldato
For someone that has not played a single indie game on the eshop sale. Is their any games that i really should buy?

I cant check if they are on offer but oh yes!

Steamworld Dig 2 was fantastic, hollow knight if you like a challenge, Yokus Island Express is pretty unique. Sonic Mania if you grew up on the mega drive sonic games.

Man of Honour
For someone that has not played a single indie game on the eshop sale. Is their any games that i really should buy?

The top games on sale are:
Celeste, Bastion, The Messenger, Steamworld Dig & Heist, Inside, Guacamelee 1 & 2

There are other very good games but those are on another level.

Celeste
Steamworld Heist
Shovel Knight
Hollow Knight
Into The Breach

You'll be good for a long while with those.

I agree but not all of those are currently on sale. @brightside229, add them to your wishlist and check back each Thursday to see if they are on sale.

I cant check if they are on offer but oh yes!

Here are the current offers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/bmm9nl/current_nintendo_switch_eshop_deals/

Man of Honour
I'm (probably) going to get these from the sale:
Wandersong
Debris Infinity
Bastion
N++
Towerfall
Velocity 2X
The Messenger

That lot will set me back £43 with an average metacritic score of 86%. Debris Infinity drags down the average a bit but I loved Geometry Wars and it's £2.50.

I'm also not 100% sure on Wandersong as it's £9.90 but only scored 81%. Some people loved it though or Reddit.

Bastion for £2.50 is such a great deal.

Soldato
Debris Infinity is a good multiplier/score chaser and the leaderboards make you want to keep coming back. I liked it but I have to be in the mood to do well at it. At that price of course it's worth a punt.

I thought about Towerfall and I've had it on my watch list for ages and I'd like more from Matt Makes Games. I read though that it's not so great solo but with a crowd it's top fun.

Man of Honour
I thought about Towerfall and I've had it on my watch list for ages and I'd like more from Matt Makes Games. I read though that it's not so great solo but with a crowd it's top fun.

I think it would be a good alternative for the 6 player Bomberman/Smash that my friends and I play together.

Back
Top Bottom