Do you take your laptop on holiday

Soldato
I've only ever brought a laptop with me on a flight when I went to America for 8 weeks. I was staying with family so I knew I'd need something to keep me entertained. It was on a BA flight and it had power adaptors near my seat so I actually completed Modern Warfare 3 on my Alienware laptop. Then had a few races on an F1 game, think it was F1 2010

Now though I'd just take a tablet with me for the flight but wouldn't really use it over the course of the holiday.

Soldato
Depends on how long I'm going for. A week? probably not. Two weeks, probably.

It's useful for watching the footy. And it does fit in a safe. And nicely in my hand luggage.

Associate
It's when you have to take your laptop out of the bag and place it in the tray for it to go through the scanners, it goes through but you are still held up in the queue waiting to be body scanned.

Man of Honour
It's when you have to take your laptop out of the bag and place it in the tray for it to go through the scanners, it goes through but you are still held up in the queue waiting to be body scanned.
In my experience it's normally the other way around - rarely has my stuff gone through before I have. Either way, I've done this for a long time and never had a problem.

Permabanned
Nah, phone for data only to use maps and so on with everything else muted as I don't want to be contactable :)

Suppose a laptop would be handy for a big screen to watch stuff at night on and to play proper games on a long haul flight. Mobile phone games bore me within a few minutes.

Associate
Always. And a HDMI lead to hookup to the hotel / cottage telly to play netflix, amazon whatever.
As for would the missus mind, she's worse than me - she'll do work while away on holiday, because unfortunately her job doesnt stop just because she's off for a week or two. I wouldnt respond to work unless it was a P1 and something only I could resolve.

Never had a worry with my laptop during security, I would think somewhere with lots of people with guns doing a tedious job would be the last place anyone should try and steal laptops from.

Soldato
I want to try harder with another attempt.

I don't take my laptop with me. I buy one whilst I'm there or at the airport, top of the range, then just throw it in the pool as I check out.

Caporegime
Nope. Firstly, I don't need it and secondly, the moment I ever get asked to give up my password is the moment I'd have to miss my flight. I don't have the same problem with my phone because it's wiped anyway.

Back
Top Bottom