Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

hux

hux

Soldato
Kwa Ronin 2.5c

46896447905_c95414768b_c.jpg

Associate
They shoot though! Actual plastic pellets!

Many years ago, my mate, a gun enthusiast, boasted he could hit the 'Play' button on a DVD without the need for a remote.

Well, the BB gun hit the play button just fine and the button internals obliterated. No film that night.

The guns nowadays, when compared to the late nineties, must be in a different league.

Underboss
I've never understood the fascination with airsoft but was once shot by a metal BB handgun, stung like mad for about 20mins so sod getting plastered by loads of plastics ones in one burst.

hux

hux

Soldato
Depends on the gun, standard rifles are a mild sting. However getting hit with a close to fps limit dmr running 0.36g bb's at 10 meters or so will bring tears to some.

Its a good laugh, and a fun way of getting some exercise in the process.
This is my second rifle, you really need a backup just in case one breaks.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
It's all about layering; the only time I've actually hurt from an airsoft BB was a point blank (<1m) burst to my knuckles, even with decent gloves. A few swear words may have been uttered...

Soldato
I've never understood the fascination with airsoft but was once shot by a metal BB handgun, stung like mad for about 20mins so sod getting plastered by loads of plastics ones in one burst.

I was skeptical about it but when I first tried it I realized how fun it was. I no longer do it (other stuff going on) but im very tempted to get back into it.
Site rules should state no overkill - being hit 2-3 times is plenty. Tries to stop someone going full auto for no reason.

Man of Honour
Out with the old, in with the new.

1) Six BT Whole Home mesh wifi discs. I've always had dead spots in the kitchen and slow internet at the top of the house due to the completely solid walls. My kids and wife have often complained that their ipads keep disconnecting as well (strangely didn't affect my amazingly cheap Android devices though). I only have an aging Home Hub 3 router from about 2007 so it doesn't even have the latest wifi standards. So when I saw the refurbished Whole Home discs on sale I thought I'd try them. I think I went a bit overboard though and don't need six.

Three discs seem to cover the whole house; one in the living room, one in the kitchen and one on the first floor. I get 39mbps next to the router (that's the limit of my DSL connection - this wifi is capable of much more) and it only drops to 38mbps throughout the house, apart from the second floor, where I haven't yet placed a disc, which drops to 29mbps. I'm undecided whether to just put another disc up there and sell the two spares, or just stick with three and return the other three for a refund. Very happy with it though. Yes it's the budget end of the mesh wifi ecosystem and is not advanced as others. But one advantage of it is that it doesn't require a matched router. So I can swap out the router or even swap DSL for cable and still use the mesh. That's quite relevant as I'm considering going for a much faster fibre broadband soon.

2) A Roku streaming stick+. I decided to cut the cord, ditch Sky and use Netflix, Amazon Video, Now TV (Sky owned obviously) and TV Player on the Roku. It's taking a little getting used to after having a Sky box for about 11 years but I'm also very pleased with it so far.

SsKGeSZ.jpg

Soldato
I was skeptical about it but when I first tried it I realized how fun it was. I no longer do it (other stuff going on) but im very tempted to get back into it.
Site rules should state no overkill - being hit 2-3 times is plenty. Tries to stop someone going full auto for no reason.

Do the BBs get picked up at the end? Or do you just litter the place with plastic balls?

Back
Top Bottom