UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Don
Just coming to post that. Even by UEFA's standard's that's a ****ing joke. Typically around half the stadium goes to supporters (which is a joke) but 12k tickets to the finalists and 55k odd to UEFA's 'football family'? **** me. What's worse is once the clubs take a cut for club staff, players and sponsors, there'll probably be less than 5k tickets going to supporters of each club.

Not to worry though, a lot of those 55k neutral tickets will end up on the black market for 10x the face value :/

Man of Honour
Apparently the Arsenal and Chelsea allocation is 6000 tickets each in a stadium that holds over 60k :rolleyes:

What a disgrace football is these days.

Got to squeeze all those UEFA VIPs in...and their spouses, and their children, and their brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews and friends and friends friends, and their friends friend brother and sister and spouses and children and nanny and gardener

Soldato
Well done to chelsea and arsenal!

I must admit that i fell asleep until halfway through the shootout for Chelsea, but happy to see them go through.

Caporegime
Bit of a slap in the face for Arsenal supporters and Chelsea supporters that will be playing the final :/.

Still a bit shocked at last nights result, honestly thought Valencia would tank us hard and go through.
More annoyingly is that Chelsea have also gone through as well albeit by penalties. I know we have beaten them this season so fingers crossed we spank them in the final.

I would love nothing more for us to finally nab a European trophy, prefer the CL trophy but the EL will do.

Don
Just one thing on these ticket allocations, particularly the EL with the final in Baku (although that in itself is a made decision by UEFA). It's typically only English sides whose fans travel in numbers to European finals. Last season Real didn't sell out their entire allocation for the CL final, I can remember back in 2005 Milan returned a few thousand tickets for the CL final and of the tickets they sold, a couple of thousand were bought by Liverpool fans. Had it not been a Chelsea - Arsenal final then the game probably isn't selling out.

Soldato
Just one thing on these ticket allocations, particularly the EL with the final in Baku (although that in itself is a made decision by UEFA). It's typically only English sides whose fans travel in numbers to European finals. Last season Real didn't sell out their entire allocation for the CL final, I can remember back in 2005 Milan returned a few thousand tickets for the CL final and of the tickets they sold, a couple of thousand were bought by Liverpool fans. Had it not been a Chelsea - Arsenal final then the game probably isn't selling out.
Sounds a bit like f1 where majority of the fans that go to races abroad are British

Caporegime
12000 tickets for fans out of a 68000 capacity stadium.

Utter disgrace.

It has always been like that. I remember the 2011 final there was only 6000 tickets for United fans which is gobbled straight up by season ticket holders which itself was a lottery, then you had wembley's 5000 pool which I had no chance of getting. That's 8500 tickets for one side in a 90,000 seat stadium!

Soldato
Just one thing on these ticket allocations, particularly the EL with the final in Baku (although that in itself is a made decision by UEFA). .

Not only is it miles away I heard on the radio that Azerbaijan are in the middle of quite a severe dispute with Armenia. Mkhitaryan couldn't play vs Qarabag earlier in the season because of this. So how the **** are UEFA allowing a final to be played in a place where not all nationalities can play.

Don
Not only is it miles away I heard on the radio that Azerbaijan are in the middle of quite a severe dispute with Armenia. Mkhitaryan couldn't play vs Qarabag earlier in the season because of this. So how the **** are UEFA allowing a final to be played in a place where not all nationalities can play.
Standard UEFA madness tbf. Last years CL final in Kiev was a nightmare with fans stranded after their flight was cancelled at the last minute because the airport couldn't cope with the number of flights incoming and not enough hotel rooms available. I mentioned last year how a number of fans were hiring private jets at the cost of £2k per person as it worked out cheaper than paying for a regular flight and hotel for the night.

It might not be fair but UEFA should just stick to 5 or 6 of the biggest stadiums, in major European cities that can cope with the influx of supporters - Wembley, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Stade de France and San Siro for example. You're not going to have a fraction of the issues as you would holding the final in Azerbaijan or in the CL's case this season, you're going to have an extra 15-20k tickets that could go to actual fans.

Don
UEFA have released a statement regarding the ticket allocation for the EL final, basically saying that Baku can only handle around 15k people traveling from abroad :/ How about not hosting the final there then?

Back
Top Bottom