What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Black Summer, short sharp and pretty damn intense watch

Thanks for recommending this - started watching it last night. Highlights how stale The Walking Dead has become.

Been watching the new Twilight Zones but they're very hit and miss. Project Bluebook started out interesting but turned into a yawn-fest. Hmmm, I think Derry Girls has been the thing we've enjoyed most recently.

Although, if you want to spend 1hr 30mins repeating the phrase "what in the actual ****" then you should watch Abducted in Plain Sight... It should've just been called "What in the Actual ****".

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I'm rewatching Deadwood. What a cinematic masterpiece that show is. I got fed up of the new Game of Thrones season and started watching Deadwood instead, and it's a masterclass of just how good HBO television can be. Don't get me wrong, Game of Thrones used to be amazing, but the writing in the latest episodes is nowhere near the standard of the rest of the seasons.

So yeah, Deadwood. Ian McShane as Al Swearengen is simply amazing. Most of the cast are great to be fair.

Caporegime
I'm rewatching Deadwood. What a cinematic masterpiece that show is. I got fed up of the new Game of Thrones season and started watching Deadwood instead, and it's a masterclass of just how good HBO television can be. Don't get me wrong, Game of Thrones used to be amazing, but the writing in the latest episodes is nowhere near the standard of the rest of the seasons.

So yeah, Deadwood. Ian McShane as Al Swearengen is simply amazing. Most of the cast are great to be fair.
There's a movie coming soon too!

Soldato
Deadwood i on my list to watch, having never seen it. I bought a 6 month NowTV sub recently (Mrs Cheesboy wanted to watch GoT), so will get through it before that runs out.

Currently watching S4 of The 100. It's a great show (once you're past the first few eps of S1), but I'm not into this season as much as S2 and S3 so far.

Also a few eps into Fleabag, which is just as good as the hype suggests.

Caporegime
My wife and I just finished season 1 of Deadwood over the Bank Holiday weekend

It was good, but not as amazing as my mate had led me to believe. Straight on to season 2 now.

Fleabag is great.

Soldato
I could never understand what anyone liked about Deadwood :confused: I watched a few episodes of the first season when it came out and just found it totally boring, nothing really happened and the dialogue was just uninteresting and characters unlikeable.

Associate
Watching Community right now. Seems pretty good, had some nice laughs from it so I think I'll finish it. It's a bit similar to Parks and Rec and The Office so I guess that's why I like it, a bit of cringy humor. The weird part is that I started watching it because of Donald Glover

Soldato
A bit late to the party, but I'm working my way through 'Line Of Duty', just drawing near the end of S2. Enjoying it a lot so far.

I don't know if I mentioned, but I've also been enjoying 'Killing Eve' S2. Although it's a BBC show, it's actually BBC America, so they have it before us!

Soldato
Thanks for recommending this - started watching it last night. Highlights how stale The Walking Dead has become.

Been watching the new Twilight Zones but they're very hit and miss. Project Bluebook started out interesting but turned into a yawn-fest. Hmmm, I think Derry Girls has been the thing we've enjoyed most recently.

Although, if you want to spend 1hr 30mins repeating the phrase "what in the actual ****" then you should watch Abducted in Plain Sight... It should've just been called "What in the Actual ****".
What is this Abducted in plain sight?

Soldato
I've watched the expanse, all 3 seasons and the best sci fi i've ever seen. So good that i bought all the books and read all of those too (havent read a book in 10+ years)

American Gods was pretty good, anyone seen season 2 to let me know if it continues being good?

Love death and robots was also pretty intense and if you start watched it its really hard to stop from a binge.

Soldato
I've watched the expanse, all 3 seasons and the best sci fi i've ever seen. So good that i bought all the books and read all of those too (havent read a book in 10+ years)

Whoop whoop...another convert.

Having read all the books up until 8, i'd sort of advise against it. Yes they're excellent reading but then you realise how many years you've got to wait until you see it on screen, leaves a gaping hole.

Soldato
Whoop whoop...another convert.

Having read all the books up until 8, i'd sort of advise against it. Yes they're excellent reading but then you realise how many years you've got to wait until you see it on screen, leaves a gaping hole.
Having read them all apart from that latest one, which i just started, I don't mind not seeing them on the screen. I imagined all the tv show characters for the books and imagineered my own for the newer characters.
I listened to the Audio books for some of them also and jefferson mays the narrator does a excellent job of doing their voices, especialy Krystian Avasarala XD
But I can't stress enough, I love it, I love it so much and I've seen so many many things in my life but this was so brilliant and detailed and absent of cheese or teenage BS and treats you like you are smart enough to understand things without having them painted by numbers.

I met Thomas Jane at the hotel I worked at last September also, he was wearing his "Miller" hat and shirts and was the most pleasant famous type person I've ever met, what a legend, smoked a cigar with him and had a photo.

Edit- Just noticed your sig, very cool

Associate

American Gods was pretty good, anyone seen season 2 to let me know if it continues being good?

Love death and robots was also pretty intense and if you start watched it its really hard to stop from a binge.
Season 2 of American Gods was good mate, still decent.

Back
Top Bottom