What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
To do:
Clean all wheel sensors, replace if needed to get rid of traction control coming on and killing all power for an instant, every 10 seconds (MOT failure I think).

Top tip - if you need new wheel speed sensors, or "pulse generators" as BMW like to call them, don't buy them new because they cost a fortune. Get some second hand ones as they are approximately £10-20 Vs £70-100. They came fitted to pretty much every E46 so there are thousands of the things second hand.

Oh and when trying to get the tiny hex bolts out, be careful. The rust terribly and hex heads suck. Impact tools work well, as does heat. Don't round the head as they're a ball ache to remove if you ruin the head.

Soldato
Done some more digging when I got home. Wasn't the coil or plugs, I was getting an o2 sensor error code caused by a faulty oil pressure switch letting oil into the loom and coat the plug connectors.

£5 switch and a can of contact cleaner later and the error code is gone.
And will be back within a week I expect :D

Soldato
Found my speed sensor wires on drivers side to have been ground through my the tyre.
So now I get a random and light due to shorting of the cables.

Need to replace the entire wire or splice in clean wires -.-

Soldato
Not put something back together properly? :D

I didn't do the last bit of work to the car in that area, so it seems the garage who did didn't clip the wire back into its mount on the dampener...
I can see where it's rubbed through.

Not a problem really, just need to strip the cable back, splice a new one in, heatshrink it in place and done

Soldato
Not me personally but had the dealer sort out my sunvisors(cracked/paint smears) and replaced the actuator on the petrol cap.
Getting new set of rubber fitted tomorrow as one has a bulge on the side wall and thought I may as well replace the whole set.

Back
Top Bottom