And Lewis Hamilton wins his 6th championship!

Associate
Bottas did well in the early part of 2018 and look what happened there. Lewis tends to improve a bit over a season, so unless Bottas really is finding form and maintaining it then I don't think Hamilton is worried.

Rosberg beat Hamilton because Lewis had almost half of the Mercedes engine issues across all times, by himself. Oh, and Rosberg played some epic mind games in Monaco which messed with him.
You talking about the 'lock up'? :D

Caporegime
I wouldnt rule Bottas out to push Hamilton for the WDC this season. He seems to be finding form (finally). I hope it continues but part of me feels he will peter out. I desperately want him to be a worthy Merc driver to challenge Hamilton because I just dont think Ferarri are in the right place to win a WDC right now. Too many mistakes. Personally I feel some of it is down to favouring Vettel - even if its contractual, it just seems like it is promoting counter productive decisions and costing them track position.

Agree

For me that will be what makes the difference. If Hamilton is leading into turn 1 you'll pick Hamilton every time. If Bottas is leading into turn one there is still a strong chance Hamilton will overhaul him

Bottas seems stronger mentally than he was. I really hope he holds it long enough to bring some excitement to counter ferraris form.
I enjoyed the nico season at least Mercedes let them race
Far better for merc to be in this position than ferrari!

I do not support Hamilton or Bottas

Associate
I wonder how Ferrari will mess up this weekend?
Nice to see Bottas edging it in FP1. Hopefully he wont get a penatly for the Incident with Max as it is only practise

Soldato
I guess Gasly is this place's target now that Bottas has caught up to Hamilton.
He's made himself the target with his lacklustre start to the season. Given Helmut's history of not entertaining underperformance, Gasly's on borrowed time. Literally the only thing saving his career right now is the fact that RB have no good drivers available to replace him. Their only real choice is Kvyat, but putting him back in the big team will involve eating a lot of humble pie. Also, if they do decide to promote Kvyat again, what happens if he also gets shown up by Verstappen and is off-pace? Do they demote him again? Imagine the fallout from that one.

Associate
He's made himself the target with his lacklustre start to the season. Given Helmut's history of not entertaining underperformance, Gasly's on borrowed time. Literally the only thing saving his career right now is the fact that RB have no good drivers available to replace him. Their only real choice is Kvyat, but putting him back in the big team will involve eating a lot of humble pie. Also, if they do decide to promote Kvyat again, what happens if he also gets shown up by Verstappen and is off-pace? Do they demote him again? Imagine the fallout from that one.
Hit the nail on the head

Soldato
I get the feeling that Ferrari is a stressful place to work. The Italians give them a hammering when they aren't doing well. That probably doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom