Going out with a friend for a catchup

Soldato
OP
Think about it, are kids mortgage etc involved, if your missus is at the point of thinking about divorce then it is pretty much done, do you want to save it, is there anything worth saving?
Do you have feelings for "friend". Is she the one that when you see her moves something inside you and makes you day special just let say by text etc.

So if you thinking about saving your marriage then no don't go out
If your "friend" makes you melt inside then go out have fun.

Yes on both counts but the Mrs makes my life hell every day.
I tried talking to her about and instead of her being pleased I did the honorable thing she has accused me of being disloyal by indicating to my friend that she wouldn't like it.

Associate
If not said before, get yourself and the wife to talking to someone. It's quite amazing the turn around that can be achieved.

Does sound like you're pretty close to the end otherwise...

Soldato
If your wife is nearly at the point of divorcing you, then emotionally she has already broken up with you. You may as well just go out with your friend if you like her.

A snippet of truth here from all the smash it comments. Also agree with going out with said friend, but get a move on with making things official with the wife, there's no point wasting each others time.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Yes on both counts but the Mrs makes my life hell every day.
I tried talking to her about and instead of her being pleased I did the honorable thing she has accused me of being disloyal by indicating to my friend that she wouldn't like it.
Surely its common sense/obvious that a wife/husband wouldn't like the other person going out with someone who they know likes them. Not sure how telling your 'friend' this is being disloyal?

Sounds like you and your wife need to sit down and talk and decide if you are going to make it work or not. If not, then meet your friend and smash away.

Associate
All the smashing ideas aside end your marriage first before you even think of going some place new, Even if you are unhappy currently do you really want to make anyone else feel that bad or worse just to get your end away?

Soldato
Go out and have a good time, does your friend know you're having a tough time? If divorce is looming then get it sorted while still been friends with the other person and once the divorce is done you can do whatever you like with him/her.

Man of Honour
Why does everything have to have a pre-planned thought out process? Why not just take her out and see how things go? Live day-by-day.

Just be honest with yourself and everyone. If you're at the point of divorce, then you have nothing to loose really.

Associate
I'd say just crack on. My ex was going off parting it up whilst i was on nightshifts sneaking home just before i finshed the shift but still playing happy couples until i rumbled her when i came home ill.
Found out it wasn't just one guy but three (prob at same time too)

Felt great kicking her out of my house at 3am i didn't make a fuss just packed her stuff up and even called a cab for her.

Side event to this i was close to a friend from school who i never got with because i was a one night in town young un so i respected her enough not to do that. 15yrs or so later couldn't be happier.

Moral of the story i could have missed out on being with a good woman if i had stayed with that bint.

If your wife is currently treating you like crap i'd say just get on with it deal with the fallout later.

Back
Top Bottom