Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
Finally watched last night, thought it was great, some slower sections but that's fine.

One questions, in the credits where everyone was having their picture on the screen, was Paul Bettany there? I didn't see him, though maybe I missed it.

Soldato
Finally watched last night, thought it was great, some slower sections but that's fine.

One questions, in the credits where everyone was having their picture on the screen, was Paul Bettany there? I didn't see him, though maybe I missed it.

Yes, he was, I remember his signature being there. I'm not sure about the sign-off though, as he is reported as being in the Wanda-Vision show planned for Disney's upcoming streaming service.

Soldato
Yes, he was, I remember his signature being there. I'm not sure about the sign-off though, as he is reported as being in the Wanda-Vision show planned for Disney's upcoming streaming service.

Given he died in IW, not only was he massively underused in Ultron he's been killed off permaturely, if there is actually going to be a spin off how are they going to make this work within the MCU, Coulson died in the movies, yet is in AoS, dies in that, but then whast his face is coming back in S6 as a new character, theres already a seperation between the TV and movies and this will just make it worse...

Cap Marvel got her power from being Kree and hit wit hthe power from an infinity stone, he has(d) one in his head, so how would they play off of eachother...

I tihnk this whole Disney thing is going to start to suck balls, yeah they'll make money but they are going to saturate their own market and its going to be more quantity than quality sadly... iMHO

Caporegime
Given he died in IW, not only was he massively underused in Ultron he's been killed off permaturely, if there is actually going to be a spin off how are they going to make this work within the MCU, Coulson died in the movies, yet is in AoS, dies in that, but then whast his face is coming back in S6 as a new character, theres already a seperation between the TV and movies and this will just make it worse...

Either it'll be them together, before the snap.

OR

Shuri managed to somehow back up as much as his personality as possible when she was fiddling with the mind stone at the end of Infinity War.

Cap Marvel got her power from being Kree and hit wit hthe power from an infinity stone, he has(d) one in his head, so how would they play off of eachother...

Carole Danvers aka Captain Marvel was Human, not Kree. She somehow absorbed some power from the explosion of an engine which was created using the Tesseract, but not directly from the infinity stone itself.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The second time I get to appreciate how they wrote and direct the movie to encompasses a LOT of things.

1 - it really does wrap up all 22 movies VERY well. This alone is no mean feat.

2 - it is a love letter to all those movies that came before it, especially for the original 6 characters. Therefore it has a ton of fan service for all those that came along for the journey.

3 - it manages to do this by having it in a story that make sense and reinvent(or twist) ab existing idea others have used in the past as it’s own.

4 - pacing is actually pretty good for what it tries to do and it’s running time.

5 - it still manages plenty of humour throughout, even in the darkest moments.

6 - it never forgot what it is about, beyond all the CGI and all the superhero stuff, it remembers that it is the bond between each other, the basic human emotions that gets you in the end, it did not forget that.

I can’t wait for the ultimate 4K boxset from Iron Man all the way up to Endgame (or Far from home) it’ll probably be like £300 but I’ll get it.

I would buy this if it included agent carter ( vastly underated and SHIELD) none of the others have any impact on it.

Well that was.....pretty good? Compared to Infinity War though im a bit disappointed, writing seemed a bit off in places and what was with all the forced Thor humour!?

Have to say though im really happy they showed Thanos as a badass in the fights, if anyone had beaten him(even Marvel) i would have been a bit miffed

Soldato
I have a completely opposite view. I thought the humour in Endgame was good whereas Ragnarok was pants. It really didn't help that I saw it in a cinema full of goons who were laughing at all lines of dialog regardless of comedic intent. :/

Caporegime
It was funny, but he was in the pitts of alcoholism.

His Mother - Dead (Thor: The Dark World)
The Warriors 3 - all dead (Thor: Ragnarok)
His Dad - dead (Thor: Ragnarok)
His last friend (Heimdall) - Dead (Infinity War)
His Brother Loki - Dead (Infinity War)

He (and others) blamed him for the snap because he didn't go for the head....

It's a dark place he's in for most of the movie. Whoever thought Thor would have a panic attack?

For me, he's been one of the best things in both movies, and he still kicked arse with his dad-bod.

I really hope they can work something out with him and bring him back in GOTG 3

Soldato
In my opinion they have ruined Thor for the sake of a laugh.
Absolutely this..

Said the same thing after Ragnarok. It's ok having a few gags but with the Hulk and Thor its been constant, full on all the time. eventually its just not funny any more.

Caporegime
It was funny, but he was in the pitts of alcoholism.

His Mother - Dead (Thor: The Dark World)
The Warriors 3 - all dead (Thor: Ragnarok)
His Dad - dead (Thor: Ragnarok)
His last friend (Heimdall) - Dead (Infinity War)
His Brother Loki - Dead (Infinity War)

He (and others) blamed him for the snap because he didn't go for the head....

It's a dark place he's in for most of the movie. Whoever thought Thor would have a panic attack?

For me, he's been one of the best things in both movies, and he still kicked arse with his dad-bod.

I really hope they can work something out with him and bring him back in GOTG 3
Does Thor know what happened to Loki after New York? He wasn't there.

Soldato
The success of GOTG has added way too much forced humour into the rest of the MCU, it works for the most part but at times its extremely try hard and it's becoming quite tiresome.

Caporegime
The success of GOTG has added way too much forced humour into the rest of the MCU, it works for the most part but at times its extremely try hard and it's becoming quite tiresome.

I don't agree, I think Age of Ultron is the movie with the most 'forced' humour.

GOTG had to be funny, because they were dealing with characters that were really out there.

I heard more laughs in End Game (and Infinity War) than a lot of supposed comedies.

Soldato
I don't agree, I think Age of Ultron is the movie with the most 'forced' humour.

GOTG had to be funny, because they were dealing with characters that were really out there.

I heard more laughs in End Game (and Infinity War) than a lot of supposed comedies.

Well Ultron did come after GOTG so it slightly reinforces my point ;)

Then Ant Man, Dr Strange, GOTG2, Ragnarok...all painfully unfunny for the humour parts, apart from the latin friend in Ant Man. Although I did enjoy Ragnarok more on the 2nd watch recently.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Absolutely this..

Said the same thing after Ragnarok. It's ok having a few gags but with the Hulk and Thor its been constant, full on all the time. eventually its just not funny any more.

Again this is just my Opinion but... Thor was at his best in the first 15 minutes of Ragnarok, I want that Thor back.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Warning: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own risk.

You have been warned.

Back
Top Bottom