Cloning disk clones windows too as bootable?

Associate
Hi Guys,

I really never cloned an hard drive with system on it before, just drives with data...

I wanted to get a new m2 nvme drive to get some extra speed and above all free up some cables in my system, I was wondering what software would you suggest?

I have installed AOMEI and there is a disk clone and system clone, I was wondering if disk close will make the hard drive bootable too or just move files!

If you have any suggestion on any free software or cheap as this is a one off task and some ask £50 whic his nearly as much as the drive.

Soldato
It'll clone/image the entire drive or individual partitions. It doesn't do file level backups.

For what you're wanting to do the differences between the free and paid for versions won't matter.

Associate
OP
N
It'll clone/image the entire drive or individual partitions. It doesn't do file level backups.

For what you're wanting to do the differences between the free and paid for versions won't matter.

Nope maybe I wasn't clear... I want the whole drive mirrored to the new one so it has to be bootable as windows is on it and it has to copy the whole directory and file all at once... so a normal close of the whole drive but has to be bootable :)

Soldato
Software like Macrium doesn't deal with files. It copies entire drives or partitions bit for bit.

Macrium (free version or not) will create an exact copy of one drive and copy it to another one (or to an image file).

If the target drive isn't bootable afterwards it's down to user error.

Associate
OP
Thank you guys!

Now I need to find out if by having 1 SSD M2 adding one NMVE M2 would slow down the PCI lane on my Z370i :D then I can purchase it!

Back
Top Bottom