Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
No more spoilers ey?

I'll contribute then - I lost my way with the Marvel films, there were too many of them, but kudos to the "Avengers" hype - Infinity War made me go back and catchup and find gems like "Thor Ragnorok"

I enjoyed Infinity War, but found Endgame dull and self serving. The first hour could be cut and I'd have enjoyed it more.

Soldato
Maybe we should be considering Infinity War and Endgame as one, six hour movie? I think the second half would stand up a little better (though I liked it anyway), as the second act.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There was no jeopardy, I knew the good guys would win, and I knew some people would be sacrificed.
You can say that about almost any film.

Good guy gets in to jeopardy, bad guy misplaced his confidence and good guy prevails. Possible sexy time with love interest thrown in = 90% of all films.

Everyone knew that the avengers would win but it was important to see the world post-snap. The great mystery was how they’d win, if anything.

Soldato

Couldn't agree more

I agreed fully with his comment that it felt like a parody of a Marvel film. I like films that I can escape into. I kept being reminded throughout watching this that they were actors reading lines. In fact the more I think about it the more I dislike it - the worst Marvel film for me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Time travel... what is up with this fad? Why is it back ‘in’ in recent years?

Guess it couldn’t really go any other way, though.

Seriously though, there was literally no need for the forced girl power scene, I’m pretty sure Uber super Brie Larson could have done it herself, literally a ******* space breathing, faster than light? Energy missile.

Think I’ll just ignore Spider-Mans sequel.

Last edited:
Soldato
Waited until seeing it a second time before making my mind up. A repeat viewing didn't change my opinion unfortunately - I just didn't enjoy it all that much, tbh. Neutering Thor and Hulk (again) ****** me off. The way the whole time travel thing was handled? They may have well have used this scene from Austin Powers.

I'd be worried for a Black Widow movie now too. Assuming she remains dead on Vormir, it'll have to be a prequel/origin story. And for a character we know to be dead, what's the point of that?

It wasn't all bad of course - there were some excellent moments, for sure. But overall it wasn't a patch on Infinity War (imo). In fact, I may even have enjoyed Age of Ultron more than Endgame. :o

SPG

SPG

Soldato
What the point in a Han Solo movie when he is dead.... Oh wait its still a good story.

Somehow geekdom has overcome common sense in the past 10 years.... Its a story and for that alone it could be worth telling. (I find the character a little dull tbh, unless it ends up being a really good cold war thriller with copious Samuel L Jackson as Fury doing some good old manipulation. Now his character would be a cool origin story, quite hard to do i would imagine.

Soldato
Plenty of SW fans and critics alike felt that Solo was pointless, and far from a "good story". Even so, Han is a hugely popular and important character in that universe. And though he ultimately dies (at the actor's insistence), he had already played a huge role in that saga. Does Widow carry the same clout in the MCU?

Edit: Furthermore, all previous movies in the MCU have had some context or importance to future movies. This will have none and be very much a stand alone project in that regard. Personally, I just don't have the desire for it.

Back
Top Bottom