Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
They aren't. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-15-sony-announces-that-it-wont-be-attending-e3-in-2019

No doubt PS5 will be unveiled at some point but they even cancelled PS Experience this year. It's obvious they're keeping PS5 close to the chest we might not even see it till e3 next year.

Shawrey

Well yeah, apart from all the info they have already told us which they never usually do lol.

As long as they don't do the stupid warping from FF15.

I'd prefer a true to form remaster with some extra bells and whistles but as long as they don't mess with the story arc too much it should be ok.

Think I've played through the original 3 times now sinking over 100hrs into one of those, so I'm open to a light shake up.

I've not got much faith in SE doing the right thing though :/

Soldato
Well yeah, apart from all the info they have already told us which they never usually do lol.

As long as they don't do the stupid warping from FF15.

I'd prefer a true to form remaster with some extra bells and whistles but as long as they don't mess with the story arc too much it should be ok.

Think I've played through the original 3 times now sinking over 100hrs into one of those, so I'm open to a light shake up.

I've not got much faith in SE doing the right thing though :/

I was hoping for a remake with bells and whistles, as you put it, but the more I hear the more I expect to absolutely butcher what came before. It may actually end up being an ok game in its own right but I have a feeling that if I want to re-experience FF7 it will still be a replay of the old classic and this will just be something completely different.

Soldato
I was hoping for a remake with bells and whistles, as you put it, but the more I hear the more I expect to absolutely butcher what came before. It may actually end up being an ok game in its own right but I have a feeling that if I want to re-experience FF7 it will still be a replay of the old classic and this will just be something completely different.

Did you play crisis core? If it's more like that I think I'd be ok, but yeah I don't have much faith in SE and they will likely as you say butcher the story and ruin the whole thing.

Soldato
a third of the game for full whack and the other ones at full whack?

But you're comparing apples to oranges. Hell, we don't even know what we're comparing at the moment.

Considering we don't know the prices of them, or if they're still episodic, or how fleshed out they're intending on making the game, we can't say whether or not episodic is a bad thing or good.

Yeah, if they keep it to Midgar for the first episode, some may be put off by that as it's a 5/6 hour game when compared to the original. But what if they've fleshed out Midgar to the point of it being a 15/20 hour epic? I'd pay "full whack" for that, and I'd actually prefer them doing that than simply a 1:1 with the original game. I love the idea of this being a reimagining.

Don't get me wrong there's every chance SE will fluff this one, but I have hope. It's easy to judge this game so early on, but until June, we really don't know anything about it.

Soldato
From an early interview I'm sure I remember them saying that each "episode" would be as long as the original game. If this is correct I'm okay with it. There's plenty more story that can be had from the FFVII universe.

Soldato

Hmm, not saying you're wrong (I actually think it would be episodic), but this is the link to that SE blog post:

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/topics/detail/801/

Translated from Jap to Eng isn't ideal of course but it doesn't say as a definite that it's episodic or in parts:

The original version, released on the PlayStation® in 1997, attracts many people with spectacular and inspiring stories, attractive characters, and videos using cutting-edge technology at the time, so far, more than 11 million We have recorded the cumulative sales volume of (※) worldwide. (※ total package software shipments and download sales)

And, “Final Fantasy VII Remake”, which will be reborn on PlayStation®4, will be reworked as a separate work, with many of the contents being reviewed when performing a full remake. We will notify you of new information in June, so please stay tuned.

Soldato
Hmm, not saying you're wrong (I actually think it would be episodic), but this is the link to that SE blog post:

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/topics/detail/801/

Translated from Jap to Eng isn't ideal of course but it doesn't say as a definite that it's episodic or in parts:

I read that in Japanese and it actually seems like it does. The text more or less says they're revising the content and continuing development in episodic format.

Back
Top Bottom