Do you take your laptop on holiday

Soldato
Yup. Took my new XPS13 with me on my last holiday. Was brilliant for in-flight entertainment. Plus I run a forum so nice to have it with me in case of any issues, as well as being able to log into my home servers in case of problems there too. Also with a 6 year old that goes to bed much earlier than we do, it's sometimes nice to chill for a bit or watch something on it.

Man of Honour
Used to take an Asus Transformer tab for shuffling photos about and emails and stuff.
Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 last few times with a USB hub and a Logitech bluetooth keyboard.

Good enough for travel. Don't need a full laptop with those.

The Asus was excellent on the flight to San Francisco. 11+ hour battery life. With a little bluetooth joypad and a few choice games and the flight zoomed past. Played the entirety of Super Mario World on the flight. ;)

Soldato
It's when you have to take your laptop out of the bag and place it in the tray for it to go through the scanners, it goes through but you are still held up in the queue waiting to be body scanned.

Indeed there's always a small gang of well organised miscreants waiting to steal your laptop after it's been scanned.

Associate
Often take one to transfer/edit footage from gopro or other devices quite enjoy relaxing with a drink editing it all before bed.

Never stayed at any hotel that i ever thought i need to use the in room safe.

Back
Top Bottom