Treating internal oak doors ?

Soldato
Osmo oil would be my choice. I use the Acacia tinted worktop oil as it gives a nice honey colour to the oak. They also do one with a slight white pigment that stops the oak from yellowing if you just want a more natural looking finish.

Associate
Not sure on wickes quality but you have to be careful because these are oak veneer and you may get bubbling as a result of using oil. I bought mine from B&Q and had to return 4/7 of them due to this.

Might of been a bad batch however. Beautiful heavy doors though really deaden sound but trimming is really less than they spec as i had to take quite a bit off the bottom and had to grab some iron on veneer as i had gone to the particle board underneath.

Soldato
Osmo oil shouldn't cause bubbling, there was a thread a while back and someone contacted the manufacturer and they recommended Osmo oil and said it was fine to use. Osmo oil doesn't actually soak in all that much, it's a mix of oils and hard waxes and produces a semi surface coating. It's not like Danish oil that is designed to soak deeper into the wood.

Back
Top Bottom