Driving a lamborghini huracan with no MOT!

Associate
So this girl has been driving around our small town like an idiot for about 6 hours with a very nice Huracan. Just popped to the shops and shes been lit up by the police and crying in the back of the police car. Wondered why they could've been so interested, checked the reg online and the car hasn't been mot'd since January?!?

Who drives such a high profile car without MOT for 5 months around a small town with a police station for 6 hours and no MOT?!

Caporegime
I’ve checked a few interesting cars on my travels and found no MOT, it’s relatively common.

The guy who bought my old e38 rocked up in an 11 plate 730d - that had no MOT for months, the e38 itself still has no MOT although is on SORN.

He was Eastern European and I know a few of them who seem to think an MOT is optional!

Not sure if it flags up automatically on ANPR like no insurance or tax does....

Permabanned
I forgot to tax my Exige for a bit.

Can be easy to forget when the dealers usually do everything for you... all other cars I’d bought in the last year, the dealers did it for me... so I simply forgot.

All good now, but I needed the reminder letter to tell me I was a numpty.

Soldato
If they got it done recently it can take a while to show up on that site.

Most likely it's because she was speeding. My old boss once rented a Lambo, went bombing it around like that, locals reported it to the police. It didn't take them long to track down a bright orange Lambo :p

Soldato
It updates as soon as the tester submits the test result as the final part of the test. It's all computerised.

Their database will update instantly, but it doesn't mean the website will. To have it in real time would be quite demanding on their internal systems.

Soldato
There is no reminder system for MOT's and even the tax thing is a lot easier to forget than it used to be.

Incidence of "Untaxed" vehicles rocketed in the aftermath of going paperless, and this cannot possibly be simply because, overnight, hundreds of thousands of people suddenly decided to evade their tax liabilities.

Government delights in creating systems that simply do not work for ordinary people out in the real world! And then blaming the "Victims" of unworkable bureaucracies for the governments own stupidity and lack of imagination.

:mad:

Soldato
I've always thought it a bit odd not to have an MOT reminder and have unintentionally driven around in un-MOT'd cars before.

Now I just put the dates on my wall planner in the office.

Associate
I recently had setup text alerts for when my MOT was due. They wrongfully sent me an incorrrect date meaning my MOT lapsed as a result by 3 weeks! I didn't get a fine or anything thank goodness. Glad nobody was nosey enough to check if i had MOT.

Man of Honour
Their database will update instantly, but it doesn't mean the website will. To have it in real time would be quite demanding on their internal systems.
The mot history website has been instant every time my car and bike have been done for the last couple of years, I've seen it's passed on there before the guy has made it through to tell me.

It'll be a centralised database with a web front end there's no reason for it to be massively system intensive to be realtime.

Soldato
Once when one of my cars was in for MOT I was able to see online that it had passed long before they rang to tell me it was ready.

The lack of a system to remind drivers that they're car is due an MOT is a bit of a problem really. I've fallen foul of this myself, especially with having cars that are not driven every day.

Back
Top Bottom