Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2019, Catalunya - Race 5/21

Rate the 2019 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Stroll really is poor. Giovannazi isn't doing well either against his teammate, and Kubica seems to be miles of Russell. He seemed to fair well against Stroll and Sorokin, but Russell seems too much for him. Still difficult to tell though given how poor the car is and how many problems they seem to be having.

Man of Honour
Epic lap there. 0.866 to first non Merc.

So the people who were going on about "Wait until Spain and then we'll see the real Ferrari pace. These mickey mouse tracks aren't representative."

And Ferrari brought an engine upgrade here too. Ouch....

Associate
Both Mercedes drivers are driving very well, both drivers at Baku and opening corners without tricks or rubbing, impressive stuff.

I do think today will be a wake up call for Hamilton.

Man of Honour
Both Mercedes drivers are driving very well, both drivers at Baku and opening corners without tricks or rubbing, impressive stuff.

I do think today will be a wake up call for Hamilton.

It is Hamilton’s age old problem. Bottas getting his head down. Hamilton designing and modelling fashion lines and recording music. Not sure he even seems that fussed this year? The hunger has definitely reduced.

Soldato
I think Hamilton is far more mature these days, and I think he also cares very much. Bottas is just in great form right now. I’m really pleased for him - he’s doing everything that he possibly could be expected to. Matching and sometimes besting Hamilton is no mean feat at all.

Associate
It is Hamilton’s age old problem. Bottas getting his head down. Hamilton designing and modelling fashion lines and recording music. Not sure he even seems that fussed this year? The hunger has definitely reduced.

Not sure at this stage if Hamilton's hunger has diminished, although I do 100% agree with your point regarding distractions.

Last year, Hamilton drove sublime, thus far, I feel is driving with the same level of maturity and speed. Last race, could have run Bottas off the road at Baku - obviously given the importance of the race and beating Williams record, would not have been wise.

Hamilton with his other commitments, hardly surprising that today seems to be on one of his out of sorts days.

Still the pole gap will irk. Bottas is gaining momentum and confidence.

Back
Top Bottom