GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
Toyota extended warranty is pretty cheap and can go up to 12 years, so don't be put off by that :)

Cars over 5 years old also get 20% off services and MOTs.

Last edited:
Soldato
What colour is yours? Mines Grey, it really shows the dirt, this Zahara dirt storm we've been getting in the UK has really battered it.

Mine is red but sometime looks more brown or yellow when we get all this dirt coming through the air. Amazes me how much can settle on the car in a day or two.

Soldato
It looked so dirty today it was embarrassing. Ended up getting it hand washed at a shopping centre, they did a decent job.

Last time I got it washed, I came out the next day and a builder was shaking his dust sheet in the road right next to it. :confused::mad:

Soldato
Pretty much, official channels have known about the issue since before November (when I found out when trying to fix a different issue) but getting the dealerships trained to handle the recall has taken time and with each car taking a week they will dribble the letters out to avoid a rush. ECU recall was about an hour, this is 20+.

Soldato
During the manufacturing process, a very small impurity within the valve spring material composition may have been introduced. Combined with excessive engine stress, the impurity may cause the valve spring to fracture under load. If a valve spring fractures, it may result in the engine stalling, causing inability to restart the vehicle and so increasing the risk of a crash.

The letter came from Toyota rather than the dealership. It lists all the dealers that can carry out the work and says call them yourself.

It's dated 3rd May.

Back
Top Bottom