What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Tolkien (2019) - 8/10

An informative and interesting story of the great author’s youth which shows how events in his life inspired his writing.

It’s a bit slow at times and much like his books, it has a bit of everything – drama, romance and hardships all underpinned by a strong fellowship and iconic period setting.

Strong acting and good use of fantasy special effects in the war scenes, as well as good cinematography in the quieter moments.

Caporegime
Escape Room 8/10

Really enjoyable, you really get rooting for the cast to survive and make it out, yes it borrows heavily from Saw and Hostel but it was very enjoyable.

Permabanned
Bohemian Rhapsody.

Not being a Queen fan I was reluctant to watch this but wife wanted to see it. Actually quite good fun for the most part, though are the other members of the band actually that boring...

6/10 not bad.:)

Soldato
Snowpiercer (2013)

Pretty good cast, not sure how this one slipped under my radar. As a concept find the whole premise a bit odd but enjoyed the sheer craziness of some set pieces, even more so than the overall story. Definitely unusual but in a strangely enjoyable way.

6.5/10

Soldato
Spiderman into the Spiderverse - pretty good fun with a crazy animation style made this kind of unique. Was on Amazon for £1.99 rental if you have Prime. 4/5

Soldato
Captain Marvel 7/10

Heard it was supposed to be crap, but I enjoyed it. What do you expect from a comic book film. Switch your brain off and enjoy the ride.
Scored it down due to the stupid cat.

Soldato
Heat 5/10.

Al Pacino’s overacting grates on me more and more in each film I go back and watch of his.
Shame as he’s in one of my favourite films (The Godfather).
The shootout is great, but the film hasn’t aged well to me.

Caporegime
Seen a few things this weekend:

The Hustle
Tolkien
Avengers: Endgame

Also seen Captain Marvel before, enjoyed that also.

Seen end game twice, still enjoyed it. If you like Tolkien and are partially interested in his younger/mid years, it's a nice watch. I liked the Hustle, a few bits cringed me but otherwise it was enjoyable as a film.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Avengers: Endgame. 6.5/10

Still not sure what to make of it. I think that they did what every franchise film maker does and became too self absorbed and keen to pay homage to all their characters. Could easily have been cut down to just over 2 hours and it would have been better for it. The last 3/5 of the film were good but the first part was slow and unnecessary.

Shame because I loved Infinity War, along with the first Iron Man and Thor Ragnarok it was the best Marvel film.

smr

smr

Soldato
Arctic 8/10

I liked it, probably wasn't quite in the mood to watch it, was quite tired. Even though there was hardly any talking in it at all so it shouldn't have mattered. It was alright.

Caporegime
Like Father

Got the guy from Frasier in it (can't be bothered to look it up)
Watched it with the misses, pretty easy going film. Essentially about a bride to be left at the alter, has a honey moon to go on and takes her father who she hasn't seen for ten years or something.

Easy evening viewing.

smr

smr

Soldato
Triple Frontier,

8/10 I enjoyed this. Good acting, plot was a bit predictable but I enjoy these kind of films anyway and the photography / location was great too.

Associate
Detective Pikachu. A very easy going movie that was a very good movie for just plain entertainment. Don't need to think too much, just sit back and relax. Would probably give 6,5/10

Back
Top Bottom