Being charged £169 to cancel a policy

Soldato
I have noticed recently they have been trying to get rid of the more generic customer base and are trying to keep the more premium ones by over pricing or not quoting for particular vehicles.

Soldato
Nope, not to third parties, they can still claim off the insurer. The insurer must void the policy and remove their name off MID before the claim occurs.

https://www.midportal.org.uk

This is why fraudulent insurance policies are so bad. The insurer still has to pay out for third party damage and injury claims. It is their duty to spot fraudulent policies and void them in time.

That's crazy :eek:

Soldato
But the driver and owner of the other car should have their own policy no?

They might not. Even if they do, no guarantee it won't be voided because so many people lie to their insurers these days. If it's an expensive claim I can guarantee you they'll try find a way to void it so that the first insurer is left holding the bag (or at least sharing costs, since you both voided).

Soldato
They might not. Even if they do, no guarantee it won't be voided because so many people lie to their insurers these days. If it's an expensive claim I can guarantee you they'll try find a way to void it so that the first insurer is left holding the bag (or at least sharing costs, since you both voided).

Makes sense, but still quite strange :cool:

Back
Top Bottom