Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th May 2019]

Soldato
In all seriousness, the doubts are greater than ever now whether Ole is the right man to do this job.

I've no doubt Woodward will back him, but it has so much potential to go wrong. We can't afford to get it all wrong again. Have we?

:p

I think you have to be honest. The best managers all have an identity in terms of how they play which allows them to go out and buy players who suit that style, and sell those who don't. I've no idea what OGS's style of play is. He could go out and spend £300m this summer, but if it's on a mish-mash of big names who don't fit into some overarching plan, the majority of them won't perform. You can't doubt the ability of, for instance, Pogba, Sanchez, and to a lesser extent Lukaku. They were all "worth" their transfer fees in the current market. However, none are performing to their potential, and I don't think they ever will in the same team, as they all want to play in totally different ways.

The man management is part of that and people are obviously happier under OGS, but you still need to work out what you're doing before signing people and he's not the manager for that

Man of Honour
Thats it, done and dusted. Congrats to Man City and big congrats to Liverpool for making it a memorable season. Nobody else was capable of keeping pace with City, so props for making the league not a dull one horse race. Wonder if City can do it again next season and win the league 3 times in a row.

Back
Top Bottom