Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th May 2019]

Soldato
Am gutted but proud of my team, actually fought for the title and only ones to do so.

I'll be devasted if Madrid ends in disaster but I have faith

Soldato
I mean it’s kinda dull when the team with infinite funds wins it after building for a decade and now won’t shift. (Ignoring the plethora of other issues associated with them winning)

Also simply Liverpool are a bigger market and works better for tv if they win (or fail catastrophically lol)
City are way more than the sum of their parts. They buy selectively and don't generally go for superstar players.

Think of where they have had to come from relative to Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Fair play to them - their owners may be horrors, but to reduce them to buying their victories is a massive disservice.

Caporegime
I mean it’s kinda dull when the team with infinite funds wins it after building for a decade and now won’t shift. (Ignoring the plethora of other issues associated with them winning)

Also simply Liverpool are a bigger market and works better for tv if they win (or fail catastrophically lol)

It makes me laugh when all the pundits talk about City's success as if it is self made. Brian Clough and what he did with Derby/Nottingham forest was self made. What Klopp has done is self made. City has just been pumping money in non stop for the past 10 years.

Soldato
It makes me laugh when all the pundits talk about City's success as if it is self made. Brian Clough and what he did with Derby/Nottingham forest was self made. What Klopp has done is self made. City has just been pumping money in non stop for the past 10 years.

Dropping 75 million on a centre back is not self made, don't talk garbage.

Football is about money, don't like it make the switch to American sports which are still about money but a little fairer with drafts.

Also money doesn't guarantee success, look at the state of Real, ManU and Chelsea this year who have spent insane money over the years and have been to varying degrees a joke.

Man of Honour
Yup same as 08/09 year.

However this is the best team we have had so providing we challange again next season and build on it then it will happen one year

Thats the key, in the past we've challenged one year and then dropped off the following year. Consistently challenging for the title is the thing. As Carragher said though, its getting mad that these days to win the league you need to hit the mid 90s on points so its not going to get any easier. The big teams will spend big in the summer again and strengthen again, its not going to be any easier next year. Guardiola and City have got a real opportunity here to go on and dominate the league in a way we havent seen for a long long time, not just by winning the title but by winning it by a long way each year, if the rest cant lift themselves up.

Back
Top Bottom