Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th May 2019]

Soldato
Can't believe Liverpool only lost one game and still didn't win the prem maybe next year :D on another note united are getting worse wonder what the odds are on ole been sacked in the next few days

Associate
It makes me laugh when all the pundits talk about City's success as if it is self made. Brian Clough and what he did with Derby/Nottingham forest was self made. What Klopp has done is self made. City has just been pumping money in non stop for the past 10 years.

So?

What do you expect from a Club with nothing like the worldwide presence of a liverpool or Manu. They have to start somewhere and to get there and maintain it takes money. Still if it was easy United would have won the league every year.

Soldato
Might have lost the EPL but I couldn't be more proud of the team. It's the how it's been done that I like. Hope we win the cl final at least to keep the liverpool fans that don't understand what's happening at bay.

Soldato
It makes me laugh when all the pundits talk about City's success as if it is self made. Brian Clough and what he did with Derby/Nottingham forest was self made. What Klopp has done is self made. City has just been pumping money in non stop for the past 10 years.
Yeah, I mean Liverpool have only spent a billion+ on players since 2010 but who's counting

Caporegime
City are way more than the sum of their parts. They buy selectively and don't generally go for superstar players.

Think of where they have had to come from relative to Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Fair play to them - their owners may be horrors, but to reduce them to buying their victories is a massive disservice.

Exactly, it’s taken ten years of purchasing to get here and build a team.

Don’t get me wrong, Peps brilliant in the league on an infinite budget (can’t consistently do it against the best teams without the GOAT, hence embarrassing CL failures since leaving Barca).

Also it’s easily reduced to buying given they have the highest spend and net spend. (Don’t get me wrong I think Peps class despite being a crap person)

Caporegime
So?

What do you expect from a Club with nothing like the worldwide presence of a liverpool or Manu. They have to start somewhere and to get there and maintain it takes money. Still if it was easy United would have won the league every year.

Atleti and Spurs didn’t require that 0.o

Manu should compete every year and have basically been set up for failure since Ferguson left, he left that team in horrible shape and it was said from the moment it happened. They’ve not bought anyone impressive other than Pogba who they originally sold

Caporegime
Properly baffling the Liverpool fans making out like they haven't spent a lot of money

Properly baffling that one can’t see the difference between selling to buy and having sustainable funding without corruption vs being funded by a bunch of lads born on oil (and the levels still aren’t even close)

Soldato
Properly baffling the Liverpool fans making out like they haven't spent a lot of money
Cause since klopp came in we haven't really, our net spend is low and compared to city all most none existent

Countinho essentially covered dijk and Alison.

Regardless city won the title not due to money imo, they were better marginally, money does help but only if spent right.

Utd, Chelsea spent regularly and are turd atm

Back
Top Bottom