BBC pulls HIGNFY with ½ hour's notice.

Caporegime
Some people just cannot help themselves, gotta froth a little more over things the moderators have constantly advised not to, the thread graveyard awaiteth.

Soldato
From my understanding when an election is called a writ is issued. It means that broadcasters have to give equal time to the candidates and also not push their own opinion of who to vote for.

If a programme does have a candidate standing in the election on their programme they will tend to have all the others on their programme on the run up to the election.

So for Allen to have been allowed on HIGNFY they would have had to have representatives from the other parties on their show on the run up to the election. Because of the format and amount of episodes of HIGNFY this wasn't possible, so they pulled the episode.

That's how I understand the situation.

Soldato
Indeed, yet Farage seems to have been on Andrew Marr this morning also, as well as being midweek.
One will assume Marr will have Heidi Allen on next week perhaps to be balanced and fair.

Soldato
Indeed, yet Farage seems to have been on Andrew Marr this morning also, as well as being midweek.
One will assume Marr will have Heidi Allen on next week perhaps to be balanced and fair.

They also had a Labour and Conservative MP on the same show, why single out Farage?

Soldato
Because he leads the party in direct opposition to change Uk
Cons and lab are traditional rivals, thus balanced.
So to balance farage you have to change.uk or whatever its called.

Soldato
Because he leads the party in direct opposition to change Uk
Cons and lab are traditional rivals, thus balanced.
So to balance farage you have to change.uk or whatever its called.

Change UK have 1 MEP, the Brexit Party has 14, only a few short of Labour and the Conservatives. They're essentially one of the biggest European parties, Change UK aren't anywhere close.

Soldato
The Brexit party has yet to have anyone elected.
MEPs may report to be from that party now, but they've never stood on that platform nor does the Brexit party claim them currently, as they are not listed on their website.

They do, however, claim to be the 17.4M so i will be very interested to see how many first preferences they return across the UK as a whole this election.

Soldato
Change UK have 1 MEP, the Brexit Party has 14, only a few short of Labour and the Conservatives. They're essentially one of the biggest European parties, Change UK aren't anywhere close.

Those MEP’s you mention were elected under Farages leadership on a UKIP platform. If they want to change parties they should have resigned in place of reelection, or it is a traitorous, betrayal of democracy and the will of the people regardless of the current European elections.

Soldato
Those MEP’s you mention were elected under Farages leadership on a UKIP platform. If they want to change parties they should have resigned in place of reelection, or it is a traitorous, betrayal of democracy and the will of the people regardless of the current European elections.

Let me guess, you're a Remainer who wants to scrap Brexit?

Soldato
You lot aren't mods and I couldn't care less, Brexit is intrinsically linked to every political discussion about the UK. This is general discussion. I won't tread on egg shells to avoid making valid points. Bore off.

Associate

The same could be said about the MP's who have left their respective parties to join Change UK. By elections should be called.

Back
Top Bottom