• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can anyone help me with strange Division 2 fps drops on Vega 56 please?

Caporegime
Also try the Hardware Unboxed Quality settings along with paring-down Easy Anti-Cheat resources;

For anyone who gets microstutters in div 2
Start the game and wait till its connected otherwise the app will crash

Press Windows logo key + r and type 'taskmgr', and task manager opens

Under the tab 'Details' search for the process 'EasyAntiCheat.exe' and right click on it.

From the context menu that appears, choose the option named 'Set affinity'.

Processor affinity opens up as next, then uncheck and reserve just 1 CPU for the process.

Associate
I've seen on redit that peeps are getting success with deleting shader cache its in %USER%/Documents/My Games/Tom Clancy's The Division 2" there is a dx11 and dx12 folder you can delete these folders which will auto generate. I have to say this is the first game in ages that I'm getting very strange results in.

Associate
Im sure chill only goes down to 30 fps as a minimum.

I have noticed some stutters aswell. Was getting the same in anthem. But anthem sometimes required a restart with these stutters lasting too long. I couldn't find anything obvious. My cpu and gpu where not bouncing around or anything and temps are 60C max. Not sure on hbm temps but they wont be stupid high as it's got a water block on it.

Soldato
Hi all

Having a strange issue on Divison 2 with my current setup:

I7 2600k at 4.5ghz
Vega 56 at 1600/950mhz
Windows 7 64
16gb ddr3 1600mhz
1440p 70hz monitor
Amd driver 19.1.1

Basically what happens is I'll start off ok at 70fps then I'll start free roaming and with nothing happening in game my fps will drop to 25. It keeps going up and down but I've noticed fps is at its worst when a mission is large open space or free roam.

I'm running d2 on ultra and I've tried dropping resolution scale, AA and tried running with vsync off and on. I have kept freesync on throughout.

I did try the latest 19.3.2 amd "division 2 ready" drivers but my game won't even start with this driver it just crashes on load screen every time.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

As always I will say it, run a OSD whilst you play, then you can find bottleneck.

A 2600k may well be the bottleneck its quite an old cpu. Someone with a quad core ivy is bottlenecking so it isnt unreasonable a 2600k would. I know many think intel cpu's havent improved much, but between sandy and coffee lake is quite a big performance difference. Bigger than from Lynnfield to sandy bridge.

Associate
Hi OP, just wondered if you solved the issues? Also mainly wondering how your PC performs on other games?
I have just upgraded from a i5 2500k, 7950 and 8gb Ram, to i7 2600k (running 4.4ghz), Vega 56 (1600, 950) and 16gb 1600hz memory.

In Division 2 I usually get between 70-85fps, in areas however this drops to around 40fps. So would seem similar drops to yourself.

I was contemplating if to upgrade my monitor from a 1080p to a 144p, but am weary that I then make my PC feel old once again.

Do you still manage to run games at high settings? Also if you went from 1080p, is there a big enough increase in graphics to make the change worthwhile?

Associate
I was getting strange fps dips in this game and anthem. They are not just fos dips though. The sound would go crazy and controls would sort of not work and best way to fix it was PC restart. I could not for the life of me find the problem but it seems to have passed. Not sure what I changed. It never happened before I played anthem. I have an i5 6600k and vega 64 slight overclocks/underclocks on both and water cooled.

Associate
On my vega 64 I’ve found directx12 to be a stuttering mess with crashes. DirectX 11 has been fine. It should be the other way round. I have found that if you play for over an hour the vram usage easily goes over 8GB. Playing at super wide.

Associate
Im using DX12 on my Vega 56 with a ryzen 2600 it plays fine now. On the game release it was laggy as hell i couldn't play it but they seemed to have fixed it with driver or game updates.

Soldato
I love the way so many people are saying to change the CPU, even after people with equal/worse CPUs have stated they don't have an issue xD

Recommended specs for 1080P 60Hz are an i7-4790.
Which is one generation ahead of his CPU and clocked slower (means lower performance).

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I love the way so many people are saying to change the CPU, even after people with equal/worse CPUs have stated they don't have an issue xD

Which is one generation ahead of his CPU and clocked slower (means lower performance).

TBF when I posted that there weren’t many replies.

I just quoted the recommended specs for the game.

Soldato
Gents. Use AMD wattman when playing the game with ichill off.
If you see fluctuations on core and HBMr try the following.
Create a game custom profile. Go to wattman settings and set it to turbo mode, then select P7 state as the minimum state and measure sure deactivated ichill.

Make sure the game runs on exclusive not windowed mode.

And for the love of what's holy install the damn 19.4 drivers.

Back
Top Bottom