Captain Marvel (2019)

Caporegime
Yup

The idiots will keep bringing it up for years.

If that's the worst they can find against her then she's doing pretty well:p

Sorry mate, but starring in your own MCU movie and making over a billion and then being a small (but crucial) part in the (likely) biggest blockbuster of all time is a massive fail.

If only she had embraced white-male incels more, imagine how successful she could have been....

Caporegime
I want whatever crack this guy is smoking:

Captain Marvel made the average amount of money that a marvel cinematic is expected to. Which is just over a billion. That's their current average.

In reality, when you add the factors such as bought out cinemas that had no one in them and the fact that they estimated that this film would make over two billion. It is evident that captain marvel missed the mark. I could also bring up the fact that due to the overall dislike Brie Larsons roll in the MCU. She's losing her chance to be the face of marvel. Which is most likely being passed on to spiderman/Tom Holland. I believe I can safely say the movie failed

Soldato
I enjoyed Captain Marvel and thought Brie Larson was fine in it but you have to admit, a large part of the success is down to the timing. The credits scene from Infinity War and Endgame being released just a few weeks after are massive factors which you can't ignore. :p

Soldato
I enjoyed Captain Marvel and thought Brie Larson was fine in it but you have to admit, a large part of the success is down to the timing. The credits scene from Infinity War and Endgame being released just a few weeks after are massive factors which you can't ignore. :p

I doubt i'd have watched it at the cinema if i'd had the chance to catch it on DVD before Endgame came out, the timing absolutely has a factor as you've said.

However i'm glad I did as I enjoyed it much more than i was expecting.

Soldato
I thought Captain Marvel was an okay Marvel film, I didn't care much for Cap Marvel as a character which was more down to writing/dialog than Brie herself but the film overall wasn't bad

I do wonder though, how many would have actually gone to watch the movie if there wasn't that end credit scene with the pager hinting at her in Infinity War

Caporegime
Great film, anyone saying it was crap either doesn't watch marvel films or doesn't like these sorts of films.

And, it's done well, it's still being showed in my local cinema, so what's that? Like a month+ at the cinema now?

Back
Top Bottom