Help me decide

Associate
Hi Folks,

I currently have a Mazda 6 2010 plate 2.0 petrol, recently I have been doing a lot of miles. So much so I'm currently about £65 a week on fuel as it stands. Probably doing approx 15-16k per annum on average. Been think recently of changing to a diesel not just because of the fuel costs currently but because I'd like to change car regardless, budget is 23k at most. I would like something comfortable but also with some decent power as do enjoy putting the foot down.

I've been toying between an E Class or a 330d. These are just some examples, I'd probably be looking to keep the car for 3 or 4 years at least.

Thoughts if you were to decide between the two? Anything else I should consider?

Cheers

Soldato
Making some general assumptions, but based on that mileage you're probably doing roughly 30 miles each way on your commute?

If most of that is open A/B roads or motorways then you'll probably see some fuel savings with diesel. But if a good portion of that are local roads and lots of queuing traffic, it's unlikely the diesel will be as efficient as the petrol.

Back
Top Bottom