Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Any one got some good tips on Alloys? This is after a jet wash, Demon wheels and pretty much every cleaning cupboard product we have, I'm verging on getting out the scouring pad at this point!

this must be +10 years of caked on dirt. and only a rear wheel :(
qvlt63C.jpg

Soldato
Stupidly overpriced and badly designed. Resin not in the flow of water wont be used so each refill bag is wasting a lot of resin. You could build your own for < £100 notes which would work better.

don't suppose you would be willing you post up a few links? Looking to get a setup before summer.
I'm in a hard water area, and water spots are a total nightmare for me. Thanks!!

Soldato
Acid cleaner for that one.
I think that's gonna be the case! I've not encountered anything quite so baked on!

just leave it. it's the back?

Tempting but they may well be for sale soon so I may as well get them upto scratch.

Looks more like corrosion.

It's pure unadulterated filth! The bits I've cleaned so far have come up OK so far. There are a few spots of corrosion but nothing a bit of autosol won't fix.

I tried wonder wheels and it did less than the demon wheels. I think they have changed the solution as it didn't smell the same as an old bottle I had lying around!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I thought it's about time I took cleaning my car a bit more seriously, I have a little bit of paint on my leather seats I've tried to get as much of as I can and I'm looking for some tips on how to do it. Also what does everyone else use to get down the side of the seats to clean the carpet. My henry hoover nozzle won't fit.

Soldato
Gave the '86 a good wash over the weekend. The last couple of weeks worth of rain on the motorway hadn't been kind. Finished off with Soft99 Luxury Gloss QD. Very pleased with the finish especially in direct sunlight, really brings out the flake well.

WAvfNxD.jpg

resT3Z4.jpg

OqofqV5.jpg

XSDSBPl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've given up on all those fancy shampoos, cost far too much and even when they say they're concentrated they lie.

Car-Chem Super Suds Shampoo is all i use now. Got 5L and it will probably last me my lifetime. You even get to choose what it smells of.

Soldato
I'm really annoyed with myself. My car is booked in for a 3 day ceramic coating, and an hour before I drove it over I decided to give it a quick rinse.
Thought I was doing right, but in the sun it bloomin' dried and covered the car in water spots. The detailer isn't too chuffed with me.

Time to get a di vessel and resin

Soldato
I'm really annoyed with myself. My car is booked in for a 3 day ceramic coating, and an hour before I drove it over I decided to give it a quick rinse.
Thought I was doing right, but in the sun it bloomin' dried and covered the car in water spots. The detailer isn't too chuffed with me.
Do they stipulate what condition it should be in before you take it. I'd expect a full correction before coating anyway.

Caporegime

Time to get a di vessel and resin

Never wash your car in direct sunlight.

It's detailing 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom