Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
So is it going to be as predictable as most think? Something like Jon will kill Dany, and either take the throne or give it up for Sanza? Seems to be taking the obvious route. I love the action but I was rarely able to predict anything until this season.

Soldato
Don't know what episode you've just watched but they've only just revealed the main threat.

Eliminated? The main threat has only just revealed itself..

I meant the main threat to Daenerys (Probably should have worded it better). Obviously Arya could turn back into an assassin just in time for next weeks episode, but would she go against Jon, assuming he still feelings for her after the BBQ. Might be a bit too obvious if Arya ends up killing her.

Caporegime
Concept art leak from the finale...

x3ffit.jpg

Soldato
Here's me thinking she'll be symbolic with her destruction once the threat was gone. Destroy the keep, destroy the throne, break the wheel. Instead she's lost it and everyone close to her.

Soldato
That was one helluva an episode, different to previous GOT certainly but having avoided spoilers hit the spot.

Still very much open season next week. For starters, do we know for certain Cersei and Jamie are dead? We saw the rubble falling but no bodies though seems unlikely they would survive.

Basically to kill Dany they need to eliminate Drogon, essentially that's her power base and both Jon and Arya must be thinking if she could sack KL in such a manner, Winterfell is next. With hindsight, an alliance between the North and Night King might not have been such a bad idea.

And where was Tyrion, not seen at all for the last third of the programme. He too must still have a part to play?

Caporegime
Geezus what an episode!!! :eek: now that’s more like it.

Dany has lost her damn mind, the bells rang and yet she still decided to kill everyone in sight. Other than Cersei, who could have easily been killed if she went for the red keep once she had destroyed the scorpions. But nope decides to kill everyone else.

The clegane fight was a bit limp, only way to kill the mountain was to lop his head off. But decides to tackle him over the edge lol.

Glad that utter ******* idiot Euron is dead though. Pretty sure both Cersei and Jamie are dead which if they are is kinda stupid. I wanted to see Dany burn her alive in front of everyone once all had calmed down. Or better still make her dragon munch :p.

Thought it was a tad cruel that Varys got burnt to a crisp yet Ser Jorah when he went behind Danys back, was banished :/.

Anyhow enjoyed the episode. Can’t wait to see what happens with Dany now. Hopefully Arya and Jon take her down, she’s a loathsome person for what she did to all those innocent people, even after the bell tolled for surrender.

Caporegime
Game of thrones Season 8 Episode 5:

1) Throws away many seasons of character development and story arc in the most derisory way imaginable.
2) Kills several of the biggest characters in the most unimpactful way possible.
3) Is basically a potential sign that the directors were blackmailed after doing something regrettable to a member of the cast. I almost cannot explain why else they would just throw away an entire 10 years of the most beloved series in the world unless they thought they were about to go to jail. Who knows, they may still go to jail just for being the worst directory offenders in recent memory.

Anger has now turned to a kind of numb and resigned acceptance. :(

Soldato
Yeah, I enjoyed that.

Varys just standing there, taking it like a man as he burnt to a crisp. Turns out he has some pretty big balls...

As said by many, Jamie was a bit of a weird one. I almost though his and Cersei's death was a little anti-climatic, but at the same time, GoT often does things how they are more likely to happen, not how a TV show would have them happen...

Varys said a few times about Targaryans are a flip of a coin, which side has it landed for Danearys. We know now. It did seem a little much. For me you can't blame that on anger. Anger subsides quicker. She just kept on going.

Soldato
it was good but still this season has felt very different. the hound :(

some of the scenes reminded me of 9/11 footage after the wtc collapsed

Permabanned
Enjoyed the episode very much and suspect all the QQ is from people who watched spoilers lol. I predicted a bait and switch with Danny resisting going mental.... Seems I was wrong. Loved the Qyburn death and the moment Arya parts from the hound. Cleganebowl felt a bit too 'sci fi' in terms of the directing, half expected them to pull lightsabres out! I can understand the complaints about the relative ease of scorpions Vs dragons compared to last week. Also the scrap between Jamie and Euron felt a bit forced. Really loved the uneasy tone of the whole episode showing there is not glory in being a conqueter. Also liked the nods to Downfall with Cersei still expecting her troops to pull through despite the battle being clearly lost. Quite enjoyed J&C's final scene.... Was unsure if they were going to make it out or if Tyrion's plan had failed. Also enjoy how Jon was essentially powerless again to prevent what was happening.... I think once the dust has settled people will be a bit kinder to S8 as IMO despite a number of flaws there is a lot to like.

Back
Top Bottom