Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Here's me thinking she'll be symbolic with her destruction once the threat was gone. Destroy the keep, destroy the throne, break the wheel. Instead she's lost it and everyone close to her.

To be fair she isn’t particularly well received in the seven kingdoms when she can liberate them after they destroyed her family. Burn it all and head back to the east I say :p

Caporegime
Did we watch the same episode? You meant to say Daenerys right? Both Sansa and Varys were spot on to doubt her.

Such a shame that Jorah Mormont gave his life to save hers just so she could go and kill thousands of innocent people including loads of children!

Please let she be killed in the next episode. By the looks of it, it might be Arya's next stop..

Anyone can be a threat or a good person in the right situation. Who turned everyone around Dany away from her, who created the threat from Jon. Dany was always a threat from day one. Joffrey said they should not ignore the threat from her. She's spent the entire show building an army to take the throne, when was she ever not a threat?

If Dany wasn't pee'd off by Sansa, if she trusted Sansa and her family, if she trusted that Jon would keep it quiet, if she trusted Tyrion and Varys then she feels safe.

Instead Sansa wound her up at every opportunity, betrayed Jon immediately which meant she put Jon on the path for a direct confrontation with Dany. Dany feels betrayed by Jon because people how see him as a better choice for the throne, Varys betrayed her, Tyrion betrayed her by telling Varys. So basically instead of feeling trusted and safe around Jon and her advisors, pretty much the only person she trusts is Greyworm, everyone else is a threat to her and Drogon.

Sansa put that all into play, Dany and Jon to wipe each other out, who is left..........

Sansa to take the throne, Arya to realise she immediately betrayed jon, caused his death, caused the fiasco in Kings Landing.... Arya's final kill is, Sansa, then puts Gendry on the throne. Last part is just what I hope, because if Sansa ends up on the throne just because D&D wrote her as the most pathetic useless idiot throughout the whole show and absolutely least deserving, thus subverting expectations to put her there... which makes the entire point of 'game of thrones' a joke, because if you're the worst at it you win, then I hope she gets murdered.

Soldato
also the 'shame' nun - assume dead
the martell prisoners - assume dead

those two alone should have had more screen time to play out cersei's evil side when it comes to revenge

gendry MIA

as visually brilliant this season has been at times, it has definitely been a case of style over substance when previous seasons have had the right amount of both

Caporegime
God I hope Sansa isn’t put on the throne, she is beyond the most stupidest character in GOT for me. Even in real life, she comes across as an idiot.

But in all honesty, she should stay the **** in Winterfell. I wouldn’t shed a tear if she dies, just cannot stand her.

Soldato
I blame the fact that Jon won't have sex with Dany now he knows she's his aunt. I feel that if he'd given her a good dicking the night before when he had a chance, that whole unfortunate fire/dragon event at King's Landing would have gone very differently.

Soldato
Spectacular visuals, but the execution of the story was still lacking the finesse and nuance of earlier seasons. Disappointed with how the characters of Varys and Tyrion have been undermined. The former through a lack of screen-time the past season or two, the latter by making him appear dumber than his cousin Orson.

Don't mind how Cersei's death came about. Not as cathartic as a trial and execution, granted.

Euron vs Jaime was contrived and pointless.

Dany's descent wasn't as subtle and gradual as I'd have liked, but it's been hinted at for many seasons now - it's just that in the past, the atrocities she committed happened to be against bad people.

Totally disagree with the above on Sansa. She's one of the better characters now, and well acted by Turner. Her cold aloofness, and distrust of those who seek power makes total sense given what she's been through.

The whole scorpion inconsistency was just so shoddy though. Amateurish for the sake of spectacle.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Great episode, I’m not getting the criticism tbh

Jamie - GRRM said that one of the characters would have a failed redemption arc, so I’ve no problem with this. Not everyone should get a satisfying ending

Dany - every friend or adviser she’s had is dead or has been killed. Anyone that wields ultimate power and has no restraint is going to go on a power trip... her rage toward Cersei obviously pushed her over the edge.

Drogon - Used the element of surprise, attack angles and speed to get the jump on the fleet. Basically hit them early and shot off before they could aim and reload... probably the only way she could have won tbh.

Cleganebowl - very well done

Arya - Knew that the hound wasn’t mucking about and tried to flee only to be caught in the destruction. Can hardly blame her for being part of the collateral damage

Cersei - The writers seemed to build up the stubbornness of her character just to knock her down to a sobbing mess. I’d have preferred Jamie to have stuck her just before the collapse but then he didn’t redeem himself so...

Man of Honour
Ok episode with some stunning visuals but it’s all just a bit of a mess.

If Sansa ends up on the throne, it will just put a cherry on the top of the **** show that is season 8

v0n

v0n

Soldato
So... Dany.... spent years clawing back Iron Throne city by city, slave camp by slave camp, lost 100% of her fleet, 90% of her armies, all the people she loved. And all she really needed to get it all (snaps fingers) "just like that" was an afternoon solo flight with a single dragon...

Jon Snow... Mel had visions about him, gods resurrected him, but what is the point of that dude? He doesn't seem to do much, or is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom