Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
I am not sure what to make of this.

On one hand, I like all the destruction, I love the side to show that war is ugly but on the other hand, it feels like the writers is just being lazy, either with time constraints or on purpose, characters abandoning what they have set out to do for 7 years and now is back to square 1. Are they trying to say that people never change?

Man of Honour
Yeah Jon has been useless this season, they’ve made him look like a pointless character. He’s done nothing of note in either battle and has just acted like a lapdog for Dany.

Doubt they can turn that around in an hour and a half next week

Caporegime
Yeah Jon has been useless this season, they’ve made him look like a pointless character. He’s done nothing of note in either battle and has just acted like a lapdog for Dany.

Varys had more balls than Jon this season. They really ruined him.

Man of Honour

Yup, but he will probably redeem himself, he must have been brought back for a reason? Will he end up on the throne?

What’s going to happen to Dany? Arya? Tyrion?

Caporegime

Jon's been useless, Bran has been useless, Tyrion has been useless, Cersie has been useless, Jamie has been useless, even the Night King has been useless.

Arya is the only one that really done anything.

The decision to chop this season down to 7 really hurt it I think, it really took away a lot of character development time, what character development time that it has, ep1, 3 & first half of ep4 has been wasted. The 20 mins or whatever that Jamie and Breanne had together turned out to be totally waste of time.

Soldato
That was **** tbh.

They have just thrown years of character development out the window imo.

Dany was likely always going mad yeah..

But Jamie what?

Stupid fight with Euron (oh look I've swam back and bumped into Jamie)

Jon has done nothing this season, nothing at all.... after years of building him up! He's either going to be king (bit lazy) or kill Dany and sod off north.

Arya is of course going to kill either the dragon or Dany.

What was the war horse bit about?, they just really love war horse?

Oh I know let's spend years setting slaves free and taking the moral high ground etc but as soon as our queen goes mad, it's a free for all and not one **** given.

Bloody mountain was harder to kill than the NK (wtf?)

That ending for two of the biggest characters in the whole thing?

Man of Honour
Writing is just awful since the books ended. The show has gone from one of the best to just average because of the way they’ve wasted years of build up and character development.

All just lazy writing and wasted opportunities

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I must have missed something in the last handful of episodes. Why was Euron fighting Jamie to begin with. The capital is burning, Red Keep is being attacked, they are both (conveniently) next to the back entrance, they are on the same side, at that particular spot with the same interest and instead of saving Cercei they both start to fight for their life?

Soldato
The good: the cinematography was amazing as was the atmosphere, the scenes inside the city as it was going down was really atmospheric and captured it well (the needless green fire stuff was pointless but didn't ruin)

The bad: every, single, thing else.

Making the Mountain v Hound a dramatic climax of the series? Really? Realllllyyy? I like the Hound but in what world is he a major character.

Danny going bad, Im not saying it's a bad thing as I'm a fan boy of hers and wanted her to win but it's just been so, so clearly red flagged this season there wasn't even a seconds doubt that's how it would end. Despite there being no reason to fire bomb the entire city they make her go mega mad and make the ending of next week inevitable as now no one will ever follow her. Could have had destruction on a smaller scale and at least introduce a tiny modicum of uncertainty into next week.

Jamie v Euron (the pathetic, paper thin comic book villain) was just a waste of time and Jamie walking off two serious wounds was lolworthy.

Killing off any decency from Jamie's character, literally chucked years of redemption arc out of the window, lol.

Trying to drum up sympathy for him and Cersei? I mean really? The most loathed character who caused all the deaths and you want us to feel sorry for her? Trolololol.

One week the Ballistas are godlike, a week later a whole city worth is destroyed in five minutes :rolleyes:

Jon about as useful as an umbrella for someone falling out of a plane.

It was just utter, utter tripe. A long time ago I thought, well the TV series is doing such a good job whomcares of GRRM finishes the books, now I pray he gets his fat lazy ass to finish them so I can actually see how it ends.

I mean it's inevitable Danny is dead in the next episode, it's just a matter of if Jon strikes her down righteously or Arya knifes her in the back.

So yeah, looked amazing but written like dross and terrible decisions on what to show in the story.

Blurgh hurry up next week and put the show out of its misery.

Associate
I'm so sad to see what GoT has become.

I'll be glad when it's over. I was a mega fan previously and enjoyed it immensely. Even Season 7, though the quality was lesser than previous seasons.

This is in the toilet bowl now. Absolutely garbage.

Soldato
I must have missed something in the last handful of episodes. Why was Euron fighting Jamie to begin with. The capital is burning, Red Keep is being attacked, they are both (conveniently) next to the back entrance, they are on the same side, at that particular spot with the same interest and instead of saving Cercei they both start to fight for their life?

Why is anything happening in this series now?

When they chucking darts at the story board that's probably what came out.

Caporegime
Can't get over how bad this has become.
We've had 2 hours + of pure cgi yet the character development (which made game of thrones good ) is dead.

Its like they are coming up with ideas in real time..
We are being railroaded to the end.
I don't really feel much for any of the characters anymore. Remember Ramsey, joffrey etc..you loved our hated them or both.

Now everyone who is left is being turned into a shell of their former character. This just happen.
But spend hod knows how much on cgi.. Because another 10 minutes vs 30 minutes of the same scene adds so much.

Gutted. Gutted I spent so long looking forward to this shambles

Back
Top Bottom