Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
So much hate. :D Episode was epic. Not gonna have character development when they are wrapping it all up, n00bs.

No ones talking about having continued character development in this season, we’re talking about using the character development that they’ve spent years building.

You could have had season 8 as a stand alone 6 part show and there wouldn’t have been too much you didn’t understand. Everything that has happened seems to have totally disregarded everything that they’ve spent 7 seasons building up to.

Caporegime
I'm so sad to see what GoT has become.

I'll be glad when it's over. I was a mega fan previously and enjoyed it immensely. Even Season 7, though the quality was lesser than previous seasons.

This is in the toilet bowl now. Absolutely garbage.

Adored the end of season 7.would have been better to leave it there. It dropped but was still great

Caporegime
Who changed, queenie went a bit mental is all.

John snow has become completely pathetic
Jamie's story line was building to something amazing then the breane thing and the ending
Danny .Don't need to say anything in that

I still have more of an issue with the lack of narrative vs cgi
And I usually love cgi

Soldato
Can't get over how bad this has become.
We've had 2 hours + of pure cgi yet the character development (which made game of thrones good ) is dead.

Its like they are coming up with ideas in real time..
We are being railroaded to the end.
I don't really feel much for any of the characters anymore. Remember Ramsey, joffrey etc..you loved our hated them or both.

Now everyone who is left is being turned into a shell of their former character. This just happen.
But spend hod knows how much on cgi.. Because another 10 minutes vs 30 minutes of the same scene adds so much.

Gutted. Gutted I spent so long looking forward to this shambles

This

Soldato
Let's be honest this is not what the books are anymore, it's a show with flashy lights and loud bangs for TV fans.

GRRM isn't the best author but the intricacy, plot and characterisation he did manage has gone out the window to make something flashy for TV zombies.

The drop off in quality is staggering.

Soldato
have to agree, Danny going mad was way too quickly done - and for no real reason either (I mean how she as flying the dragon just at the soldiers to start with - battle was over - and then she flips her lid)
Arya and the war horse was awful - no ******* way would that horse survived the carnage lol (and it would be difficult enough for Arya to get out of the city with all the bodies and rubble etc - how the **** will a horse manage it lol)

Not 100% sure why Greyworm went psycho either - even given the loss of his great love in the last episode.

Also is it my imagination but it seems as though the dragon can now breathe a huge amount more fire in one burst than it ever could before and over and over again - a little too convenient imo (admittedly a small detail but still)

Even given he was already dead, the Mountain's brother kept going and going far too long imo

Soldato
where's the pirate gone?! i liked him probably never see him again. the more i think about it, each season previous has been an A/A* this is a C

one episode left all just gone too quickly now this season has been a bit dissapointing though that is partly due to how high a bar it set itself. i'd rather have waited another year and it be done properly over more episodes of normal length

Caporegime
have to agree, Danny going mad was way too quickly done - and for no real reason either (I mean how she as flying the dragon just at the soldiers to start with - battle was over - and then she flips her lid)
Arya and the war horse was awful - no ******* way would that horse survived the carnage lol (and it would be difficult enough for Arya to get out of the city with all the bodies and rubble etc - how the **** will a horse manage it lol)

Not 100% sure why Greyworm went psycho either - even given the loss of his great love in the last episode.

Also is it my imagination but it seems as though the dragon can now breathe a huge amount more fire in one burst than it ever could before and over and over again - a little too convenient imo (admittedly a small detail but still)

Even given he was already dead, the Mountain's brother kept going and going far too long imo

Yeah I forgot to mention greyworm changed instantly too. Didn't think that was a terrible shift but was unusual

Drogon must be powered by a fusion reactor!
Euron and Jamie scene was dire too

Why couldn't aryla kill cerci (a face off) and John deal with the night King (also terrible episode)

All these character interactions are no longer a thing

Soldato
They can **** off if they think I'm going to be watching their spin offs to try and fill some blanks.

Next ep will just be all about the down fall of Dany and Dragon, no wonder they killed her one faithful body guard at winterfell.

Not one nod so far to what the hell the NK was actually upto and I can't see there being time next ep to even mention it.

Permabanned
I liked:

Dany's genocide after the bells have been rung.
Clegane scene.
Qyburn getting walloped.
Tyrion/Jamie scene.
Cersei dying with Jaime. In S1 she said to Ned they would.
Really cool dragon effects.

I did not like:

Way too many filler shots of destuction and mass panic. Especially bad when the whole place would be scorched earth in minutes!
Again with the crappy, long drawn out scenes of people running about falling debris and crumbling buildings.
A million people but took 3 minutes to ring a bloody bell!
Something something 50 Ballista's. So bad I can't sum it up in one sentence.
@ZG002 Stupid fight with Euron (oh look I've swam back and bumped into Jamie)

Man of Honour
I enjoyed it in a way. Spectacular and so on but dross compared to the seasons based on the books. They're going to have to pull off a minor miracle next week to turn this season around. Hopefully at the end of the last episode GRMM will announce he's actually finished the books

Caporegime
They can **** off if they think I'm going to be watching their spin offs to try and fill some blanks.

Next ep will just be all about the down fall of Dany and Dragon, no wonder they killed her one faithful body guard at winterfell.

Not one nod so far to what the hell the NK was actually upto and I can't see there being time next ep to even mention it.

Yep
The night king getting to do absolutely nothing when a quarter is game of thrones was based off it was a travesty
At end of the episode I thought.. Well maybe they aren't gone.. At least bran must must must do something.
He's literally done nothing. Can't he at least have a part to play Anything!

Soldato
(the needless green fire stuff was pointless but didn't ruin)

Think that was a reference to the Mad King, didn't he place Wildfire under just about everything in KL with his paranoia? She went mad too and settings thing on fire so much she started setting it off so they are trying to draw a parallel there. I also thought Cersei might go scorched earth if she was losing but zero refefences to that during the episode.

That or CGI people thought it was pretty and had a little money left over :D

Soldato
Can we talk about how dumb Sansa's plan to get Jon the throne was? There's no way Dany is going to willingly give the crown to Jon which means there's only one logical Endgame to her plan which is to kill Daenerys. But then what? How do they deal with the thousands, possibly still tens of thousands of Unsullied and Dothraki who probably still outnumber the north. How do they plan on dealing with the ****** off dragon who could burn them all in an instant? How do they then plan on taking the throne from Cersei? You can say Arya but that could have been done anyway and avoided a full blown war in the first place. The pacing of this season has been abysmal.

Back
Top Bottom