Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I'm not as disappointed as some but one thing I noticed is that with everything that has happened in these episodes, it actually feels like less has happened when thinking back to the earlier seasons

Soldato
Jamie v Euron (the pathetic, paper thin comic book villain) was just a waste of time and Jamie walking off two serious wounds was lolworthy.

There was absolutely zero consequence to being "lethally" stabbed at least twice so why did they even bother filming it like that? Imagine if it was shot this way - He's hurt much worse and barely gets to see Cersi, After dragging/carrying Jamie to the underground pit Jamie says he can't go on any further and tells Cersi to go on without him through the open exits to safety. She can't because she loves him and decides to stay with him as he fades, causing her own death via the falling masonry etc - Now Euron's attack has real consequences in the story.

Soldato
It’s the pacing that is well off for me as well, having watched the other 7 seasons just before this one this season is like GOT Bennie Hill edition!

Like it’s on x30 speed everything happening on one hand but it feels like nothing is happening if you know what I mean. The impact of it just isn’t the same.

Caporegime
Also, Cersei was at the top of her tower looking out of the window the whole time. Why on earth did Dany never once just go up to the tower and dragon flame it to smithereens. In fact why didn't she do that first?

The whole thing makes no sense. Dragons went from being fragile and easily taken down by spears/ballista to being invincible.

Caporegime
Also, Cersei was at the top of her tower looking out of the window the whole time. Why on earth did Dany never once just go up to the tower and dragon flame it to smithereens. In fact why didn't she do that first?

The whole thing makes no sense. Dragons went from being fragile and easily taken down by spears/ballista to being invincible.
Exactly my biggest issue with the episode. I mean ffs she killed missandei and instead of going for her, Dany decides **** it I’ll burn the whole place down. Just plain stupid really, good luck to Dany trying to get everyone to accept her as their queen. She just caused a whole genocide of KL lololol.

Caporegime
Yup, the first and only target she would have had is Cersei. Lannisters have sent assassins after her, they killed her best and almost only friend, etc, yet being completely free to fly there at any time she didn't even at any point focus on making sure the Lannisters died. Made absolutely no sense.

A scene that would actually make sense is her flying over there, the Dragon hovering outside that 'window' area, seeing Cersei then yellow Dracarys and boom, ***** gets her comeuppance. Particularly considering this is what Missandei's last words were it would actually make sense and be awesome and give Cersei the death she deserves but no.... out of nowhere she decides she doesn't care about Cersei at all, the innocent people she hoped to rule fairly she must murder right now.

Caporegime
I sort of don’t want Arya to kill Danny as it’s a bit too obvious - feels inevitable.

At this point I’m backing out of the thread to avoid inevitable spoilers!
Backing out now due to spoilers as well. Some of the behaviour from people on this thread regarding leaks and how “disappointing” they are is an absolute joke. Can’t believe the mods have done nothing about it. Any post regarding the leaks should have been instantly nuked and the posters warmed. They have spoilt the end for me. Not the actual show itself.

Man of Honour
Backing out now due to spoilers as well. Some of the behaviour from people on this thread regarding leaks and how “disappointing” they are is an absolute joke. Can’t believe the mods have done nothing about it. Any post regarding the leaks should have been instantly nuked and the posters warmed. They have spoilt the end for me. Not the actual show itself.

They could get Daenerys to do it, she knows about giving people a thorough warming :)

Caporegime
arent unsullied supposed to have no emotion

whole of season 8 is rushed and crap.

night king hyped up to be no threat.
youd think like 20 people survived winterfell then the next ep we have whole armies back....

scorpions are godly then pathetic the next episode.
one scene they shoot miles, the next their range is limited to a few hundred yards

almost nothing of season 8 makes sense

Soldato
Wondering now if to make it nice and circular from.start to end if it will end up with Jon beheading Danny remembering what Ned said about a lord having to do the right thing and his own dirty work.

Mind that would make sense, we'll probably get aliens and big explosions the way this season is going :p

Associate
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention" To quote ramsay from s3 :p

It seems too obvious now that danny will be killed off in the next episode. Agree with what others have said about the scorpion ballista. They went from laser guided harpoons to a pea shooter. But again, they are trying to low ball us and make us think how on earth will the battle go given how effective the scorpions have been in the past.

Who knows how this will play out now. This is the kind of randomness we have to expect it seems. It could have been so much more and done a lot better given time, but honestly as much as I have enjoyed it, I'm just glad this is all coming to an end now.

Associate
See the mountain got a nerf as well as the scorpions remember when he ripped that blokes head off but he is not strong enough to put the Hounds eyes in also why does the Hound want revenge now anyway his Brother does not really exist anymore he is just a zombie.

Caporegime
The whole moment was so stupid. Oh, he's going to fight the Hound, "I command you to stay by me". What is the outcome here, he stays by her, how are they planning to get out of the castle if the Hound is in their way if the mountain can't fight him. Was painfully stupid and written purely to have him kill his creator in defiance of something utterly stupid.

I mean literally they could have that scene if they were running through a courtyard to one door and the hound came in another door and the Mountain wanted to stay to fight. Instead they did it on the staircase, where that dialogue made no sense. The worst thing about this season is like 95% of the really irritatingly bad dialogue and actions could have been changed with like 5 minutes of thought.

Scorpions insanely deadly to utterly useless? How about the dragon gets them at night leaves the city exposed which is why the army was okay approaching the walls. How about last week the injured dragon is attacking those boats but the wing rips when it takes a tight turn and the dragon crashes and they then blow the dragon to pieces with the scorpions. Not that effective but kill a dragon easily when it's on land. Which fits with them being fairly useless both in the next episode and every story about them being used before is without a 1 in a million shot then the bolts just bounce off Dragon scales.

If thousands of people can fix loads of the small pieces of dialogue and action with 5 seconds thought, then it's truly diabolically awful writing.

Back
Top Bottom