*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
been playing a fair bit of mario kart online and been getting annoyed by occasional drop outs, just ordered the amazon basics usb3 to ether net connector which i hope should help :)

been playing it in split screen with a mate while online and it is awesome fun.

Man of Honour
been playing a fair bit of mario kart online and been getting annoyed by occasional drop outs, just ordered the amazon basics usb3 to ether net connector which i hope should help :)

been playing it in split screen with a mate while online and it is awesome fun.

Does that USB Ethernet adapter have the right chipset for the switch?

Soldato
Does that USB Ethernet adapter have the right chipset for the switch?

didn't know about that but the reviews said it would work as long as it's the usb 3 version and that the dock can't close on the back with it without a small extension lead.

got it last night and got it set up with 0 problems, passes the switches internet test and connected to mario kart without a hitch :)

Man of Honour
didn't know about that but the reviews said it would work as long as it's the usb 3 version and that the dock can't close on the back with it without a small extension lead.

got it last night and got it set up with 0 problems, passes the switches internet test and connected to mario kart without a hitch :)

Good, I had an issue where one of the devices from Amazon didn't work as they changed the chipset without changing the product.

Soldato

What kind of download/upload speeds you get on the test page?

Soldato
I got Steamworld Heist on the sale - had it on the 3DS and have been itching for a reason to double dip - and it's still bloody great. Total bargain for under a fiver!

Soldato
i grabbed wonder boy dragons trap and steam world dig in the sale, ill check my internet test soon for speed gonna be playing mario kart soon :)

edit: getting 39.6 Mbps down and 9.7 Mbps up

steam downloads games at around 1.6 or 1.7 MBps.

make sure if any one gets one of these the dock wont close on the back and it has to be the usb 3 version or it wont work but for 12 quid odd it seems decent :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom