Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Just watched the final trailer. Is she using cheat codes? She somehow has more troops every time we see her. I don’t think the writers realise that she should have less after each battle - I mean, she crushed most of them in KL and those were the few left by the NK. I is so confused :p

Soldato
The issue with the pacing of recent episodes and season is what do they fill it with? Yes characters are warping all over but if there is no story to tell what are they supposed to do?

We didn’t always see characters travelling that much but there was enough going on that they could be missing from a couple of episodes. It didn’t stop the warping, it only made it feel like time had passed. However there isn’t the volume of story left to do that anymore and that isn’t to do with running out of books either. It is simply a symptom of going from 20 threads - following everyone through their arcs. To now, the majority are dead and those left are aligned with Dany or Cersei.

This is further amplified by the fact team Cersei were all in Kings Landing so there would be little to no resistance to Dany and her army moving around the north.

Sure they could have had a few establishing shots of them travelling but you’d still have the army warping and doing the 2-3 weeks journey from Winterell to Kings landing in a few minutes rather than instantly.

Permabanned
Can't blame that just on this season - Season 7 was just as bad.

First couple of seasons and it took 2-3 whole episodes to get from one place to another. Come season 7 then every 10 minutes Characters have teleported somewhere else.

Not making excuses for Season 8, but the other seasons aren't perfect. Ideally the pacing needed speeding up slightly in earlier seasons and vastly slowing down for Season 6 onwards.

Aye. People seem surprised, as though these issues have only just reared there heads. They've bene present as far back as season 6 really.

Man of Honour
Just watched the final trailer. Is she using cheat codes? She somehow has more troops every time we see her. I don’t think the writers realise that she should have less after each battle - I mean, she crushed most of them in KL and those were the few left by the NK. I is so confused :p

Lol..Up, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Right, Up, Up, Up for Infinite Troop Respawn.

Permabanned
Not at all, it will more than likely be a far better thought out finale. You only have to look at series 1-6 when they were following the books and had source material, how good the show was. As soon as they were forced to come up with the story themselves, it dropped off a cliff

Yet they were told pretty much how it was all supposed to pan out. The books will be similar, albeit books are almost always better than any movie/tv adaptations and will be more fleshed out.

Man of Honour
Yet they were told pretty much how it was all supposed to pan out. The books will be similar, albeit books are almost always better than any movie/tv adaptations and will be more fleshed out.

I honestly don’t think many of the events that have happened in the TV show this season, will be how it pans out in the books

Permabanned

I doubt it's the actual plot points people REALLY have an issue with, it's more how they've been spunked out lazily.

Commissario
Enjoyed the episode, shame that Dany lost the plot and went full fire rage.

I don't think it will end well for Tyrion, hopefully Arya will do her cheeky face thing and kill Dany.

^^my predictions btw, I refuse to read/watch any leaks etc.

Man of Honour
Enjoyed the episode, shame that Dany lost the plot and went full fire rage.

I don't think it will end well for Tyrion, hopefully Arya will do her cheeky face thing and kill Dany.

^^my predictions btw, I refuse to read/watch any leaks etc.

I don't think that Arya will kill anyone else in the last episode because I think that's it for Arya, I think her story in this episode was about her returning from being a killer into being a "normal" person again. I think that when she said thank you to The Hound she was in essence saying thank you to him for setting her free (from killing) and I think the rest of the episode of her and the horrors around her have "broken" the killing out of her. I reckon she will return now and marry Gendry and put death behind her.

Soldato
I enjoyed the episode it wasn't entirely surprising but still had shock value nonetheless.

I saw the burning of KL as the culmination of Dany's arc. She has had a messianic streak right from the start, this has grown to an authoritarian streak as things have gone on and an increasing intolerance to dissension. Whilst she freed the slaves the process only reinforced her own sense of destiny and the outcome of that is where we've arrived. If I'm not loved I'll be feared but either way I'm in charge.

Jon and Tyrion have made their choices and both in their own ways have always been men of their word. They have spent this season struggling against the growing realisation that their adherence to their commitment is causing problems. Jon has done little because he has willingly made himself subordinate to Dany, Sansa hates that because she is on a path to regaining control and throwing off the fetters others placed on her. Tyrion has forsaken his house and committed to Dany's cause and is unwilling to forsake this cause even as it troubles him. As we saw with Randyll Tarly Dany brooks no dissension even when she has no right to demand Tarly's loyalty, she doesn't respect honour she values subservience.

Jamie and Cersei's ending whilst low key I thought was their story in a nutshell, their selfish choices and commitment to each other limited their future choices one after another until they only have each other standing in a room waiting to die unremarked. Whilst I had hoped for a completed redemption arc for Jamie killing Cersei to stop the slaughter, I accept maybe this was too far even for him. He still died a different man to the one we met in season 1.

It will be interesting to see how they wrap this up. This is the Game of Thrones maybe mad Dany will win, but my boy Gendry is still in the game ready to be proclaimed when every other bugger is dead. Good old King Robert's son seems like the safe candidate after all the mad buggers.

Man of Honour
If Tyrion is killed in the last episode, that's House Lannister gone. The show could end with only House Greyjoy, House Baratheon and House Stark left, all the other houses have gone haven't they?

Wonder if there will be a House Seaworth created :)

Associate
I didn't particularly enjoy this episode. The dragon was suddenly way too OP and the scorpions rendered useless even though they maintained a literal barrage of them during the last episode and took down an entire fleet. I was also really disappointed at the way the Golden Company got destroyed without doing a thing. Wanted to at least see them fight the Unsullied for a while. I still haven't really come to terms with the NK demise either. It's been a really poor season all round imo.

fez

fez

Caporegime

That was the first thing that I thought. I swear she lost about 80% to the NK and then she must have lost another 10% to the KL sacking. I would say they seem to breed like rabbits but...

Anyone saying that this is how JRR Martin would finish it must be smoking something. Throughout the book based series manipulators and advisors have played a major role in outmanoeuvring the perceived power bases and people actually died. Now we have all the main characters becoming invincible, anyone whos main skill isn't sticking a sword through your heart relegated to the sidelines and the entire series big bad was thrown away in a single episode. They have abandoned the core of what people loved GoT for in favour of what seems like crown pleasing decisions.

Why did the Night King die like that - he was the big bad, the main threat.
Why does Bran have literally no value anymore - he was intertwined with the night king, there was more to explore there
Why does the power and use of her dragons vary between, mother of god they are unstoppable and protect them because they are a bit fragile.

Back
Top Bottom