Keep games or get rid?

Soldato
Just curious as from time to time I'll trade a bulk lot of games in.

However I know that soon as a games finished some will get rid straight away and others will just have 30 plus all lined up on a shelf never to get till new Consol comes out.

Wondered what people did here especially as we have the good members market?

Soldato
Go rid of all my games and DVDs a couple years ago made about £400. Only use Netflix and buy games digitally now. I know the psn store is more expensive and you can't resale but it's nice not having shelves or storage in the house with clutter. Also been using steam for years, I've probably not had an optical drive on a case for about 5 years

Also there's an Xbox coming out with no optical drive, meaning there must be a market for people like me, plus it'll be cheaper. Also it's probably my bad luck but all my console rma end up optical drive related.

Associate
I usually wait until I’ve got about 5/6 games sitting I don’t play then trade it in, put the money towards another couple games that I will play. My Xbox is full of digital games I’m my ready to install area not much you can do with them.

Soldato
I only buy the games I will like so I keep them. Especially on my Nintendo platforms.

But I did get rid of a bunch of 360 and PS3 games when Amazon did their trade in offer years ago.

Man of Honour
I only buy the games I will like so I keep them. Especially on my Nintendo platforms.

But I did get rid of a bunch of 360 and PS3 games when Amazon did their trade in offer years ago.

What do you do when you buy a turd that was rated highly such as Octopath traveller though?

Soldato
I buy the vast majority of my games on disc and sell them when I'm done. Why pay £60 for a digital copy when I get it on disc for £40-45, sell when I'm done and effectively pay around £20 for a game?

Associate
I buy 2nd hand and sell on when they're done. Mario Odyssey purchased for £30, finished and sold for £30. Horizon Zero Dawn, purchased for £20 sold for £15 (took a while for me to finish). I don't really have the space to keep a collection, and would rather the cash in hand. The sentimental part of me would like to keep the best games, but memories are enough.

Soldato
I try to keep games for as long as possible these days.

Back in the day I got rid of all my C64 and Amiga games, plus machines, I wish I hadn't as they would be a) worth a fortune now, and b) worth replaying for nostalgia.

Soldato
I tend to keep games. The last time I took any games for trade in was years ago in the early years of the PS3. I've just dug out and set my X360 back up and started playing that again. Looking to buy some cheap exclusives for it now.

Caporegime
Just curious as from time to time I'll trade a bulk lot of games in.

However I know that soon as a games finished some will get rid straight away and others will just have 30 plus all lined up on a shelf never to get till new Consol comes out.

Wondered what people did here especially as we have the good members market?

I used to keep them all then trade in en masse but that was back in playstation 1 days.

as time has went on i've bought less games and even less physical games.

i will tend to buy digital now. if i do buy a physical game it's like once every 2-3 years and i will sell it if i am never going to play it again. if i might i will keep it as it will likely be worth a fiver.

i have 2 main stays now and both are free games on the pc. the only console game i have physical atm is red dead 2. no point in selling as iw ill want to go back to it one day.

Soldato
Bit of both, buy digital if it's in a mega sale every now and then.

Usually trade in hard copies, I barely have time to game with a 10 month old so pretty much once finished there will be something else out I'm wanting to try.

Don't see the point in loads of games sitting there that I will never touch again if I'm able to trade in towards new releases.

Soldato
I have kept my last load of games as a sort of last moment of keeping my hardcopies before I went digital. One day I'll have an office or games room where I can line them all up on a shelf :).

They will be like a time capsule of a gaming part of history.

Associate
I always keep console games. Eventually I always go back to older games, consoles are a bit hit and miss when it comes to allowing last gen games to work on current gen. I also keep all my old consoles and old computers pre PC. Prices tend to hike once they hit the retro stage.

Soldato
I've not bought a physical game in about three years, Im probably a bit more picky now due to the price difference and less likely to take a gamble on something Ive not tried before., but no regrets overall.

Back
Top Bottom