Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
It is an absolutely historic track, but the surround doesn't really fit the F1 image and security is incredibly dodgy. I wouldn't fancy going there as a multi million pound driver - actually, probably worse as a generic member of a team without all that security.

Caporegime
F1 seems to actually be dying in UK now The threads are not just lacking in posts but interesting content too.
I don't hear anyone talk about it outside the forum.

The pay wall is a big factor and the predictability of it all.

I miss alonso at the front causing a fuss, Schumacher in Monaco parking his car on track, nico being a **** to Hamilton..
It feels the divide is bigger than ever..

It feels very cold.
I watch the highlights out of habit but don't feel much excitement anymore.
But even the highlights are boring a lot of the time.

I dunno if it's rose tinted glasses or whatever or that I support Renault. But the Renault/ferrari years were great. I remember being furious with the mass damper ban an on edge of my seat when ferrari nearly overhauled Renault that year.

Even recently with rosberg and Hamilton and the dirty tricks. All this hype of upgrades, ferrari promise etc and it's same as last year. May as well not have developed over the winter and saved cash!

Just seems more bland than ever now

Soldato
I dunno if it's rose tinted glasses or whatever or that I support Renault.

Tends to be. I first starting watching in the mid 80's so for me it's the turbo era with the Williams Honda then the early 3.5L years. Gets progressively more meh after about '94...

Agreed on the Paywall. I don't think I'd pay explicitly for F1 nowadays. It's still "free" as part of the Sky HD pack for me, but if I ever get fed up of the rest of the Sky package then it'll go. Hopefully we'll get access to the Liberty streaming service when this current Sky lock-in expires.

Associate
F1 seems to actually be dying in UK now The threads are not just lacking in posts but interesting content too.

Look at the popularity of BTCC since ITV have aired the action live on a Sunday.

For me, gradually losing interest. Yes, I can pay for F1 on Sky. I don't need all the other channels as I don't watch TV that much. I might revise my opinion, otherwise, my interest will definitely dwindle further. Its a shame as I like Channel 4 coverage. The C4 F1 highlights show, given the restrictions imposed in 2019 is a shadow of its former self.

I have ended up watching US racing or classic F1 on YouTube which are popping up. Nascar have the full 3 hour race in HD on YouTube. The adverts are removed and the sound mutes whenever adverts aired. Usually released the day after the race. Obviously Sky or F1 will never do this and you will have to pay!

Caporegime
Look at the popularity of BTCC since ITV have aired the action live on a Sunday.

For me, gradually losing interest. Yes, I can pay for F1 on Sky. I don't need all the other channels as I don't watch TV that much. I might revise my opinion, otherwise, my interest will definitely dwindle further. Its a shame as I like Channel 4 coverage. The C4 F1 highlights show, given the restrictions imposed in 2019 is a shadow of its former self.

I have ended up watching US racing or classic F1 on YouTube which are popping up. Nascar have the full 3 hour race in HD on YouTube. The adverts are removed and the sound mutes whenever adverts aired. Usually released the day after the race. Obviously Sky or F1 will never do this and you will have to pay!
Chances are said YouTube videos will be geo restricted in the US.

Associate
It is an absolutely historic track, but the surround doesn't really fit the F1 image and security is incredibly dodgy. I wouldn't fancy going there as a multi million pound driver - actually, probably worse as a generic member of a team without all that security.

Interlagos is an amazing place to be, as it bleeds motorsport. But when I was there in 2016 I did not feel particularly safe getting into the circuit. The facilities and track side fencing were also woefully run down, there is only so much a coat of paint can hide.

We were also warned to not have windows wound down and to leave in plain clothes due to colleagues having a gun shoved through their window at a previous years event.

Soldato
Soldato
I wonder if Haas have been hoodwinked by them too. It seems strange that an F1 team would want to associate themselves with someone quite so dodgy. It's not like Haas is desperate for the cash.
It is all a little strange really, seems to be nothing more than a money laundering scheme for god knows who. I would fully expect Haas to distance themselves quite soon, this stupid copying of someone else's logo has brought a lot of attention and the judge in the case was absolutely scathing of Storey, expect more to follow I imagine.

Has anyone actually ever seen a can of rich energy on a shelf?

Back
Top Bottom