Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Not sure why people have a problem with Varys' actions... He specifically said the line about risk and reward to his little bird.... Talking to Jon in the way he did was his last throw of the dice, there was no time left for any further scheming. He forfeited his life on the chance that he could prevent a catastrophe, he was right, but he failed. Great ending to a great character.
He burnt the second letter we saw him write as they came to get him, but what about the first? Do we know who he sent that to? This might be a bigger detail than we've imagined. Although a bit naff if "someone" (dunno :confused: ) rocks up with a mega-army to challenge Dany.

I liked this episode. Strongest so far of this season although the only minus points were;
- Cersei and Jamie's death was a bit lame
- We all telegraphed Dany going mad and destroying KL
- The ballistas were amazing last episode, now they were utterly useless
- Euron was just annoying although I understand why he wanted to fight Jaime (someone up there^ asked, the reason is that if Cersei took Jaimie back then he'd be out on his ear and no longer the "King" he thought he was)

All in all I thought it was a good watch.

Caporegime
In the Ep5 GoT Revealed video D&D said they did it on the staircase (which was extremely hard for the cast/crew to actually film on) because............... "we wanted it to look cool".............because looking "cool" is more important than good screen-writing.

Again in the Ep4 GoT Revealed video the weapon designer said the new bolts were designed to cut huge holes as they spiral their way through the dragon, they weren't fussed about them "sticking in" hence the teeth facing the way they do.
what is going to give them rotational torque ? they have the tinniest little spiral pattern on the front thats going to have 0 effect of doing anything to make the bolts spin

guns and stuff have spiral patterns on the inside of the barrel to give spin in order for the bullet or shell to fly straight

these bolts wouldnt be ripping through ships like they do either it's all stupid as hell unless they are magic bolts dipped in unicorn pee or the ships are made from balsa wood

and kings landing has how much time to prepare for the north coming? bit only mount a few scorpions on the outer walls

Man of Honour
He burnt the second letter we saw him write as they came to get him, but what about the first? Do we know who he sent that to? This might be a bigger detail than we've imagined. Although a bit naff if "someone" (dunno :confused: ) rocks up with a mega-army to challenge Dany.

Cue the forces of Dorne arriving in the final episode to deal with the remaining unsullied and dothraki

Soldato
Not sure why people have a problem with Varys' actions... He specifically said the line about risk and reward to his little bird.... Talking to Jon in the way he did was his last throw of the dice, there was no time left for any further scheming. He forfeited his life on the chance that he could prevent a catastrophe, he was right, but he failed. Great ending to a great character.
Because there was no way Jon was getting the throne. Kill Daenerys and you still have to deal with the Unsullied, Dothraki, the dragon, the golden company, Lannister army and Cersei. His plan succeeds? They probably all die anyway at the hands of Danny's armies and dragon.
He fails?He unwittingly causes the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. She only goes Psycho because she stops believing she can trust anyone around her. Varys doesn't plot against her she still trusts her closest advisors and more importantly Jon because she wouldn't know he told Sansa and Arya.

Man of Honour

I liked this episode. Strongest so far of this season although the only minus points were;
- Cersei and Jamie's death was a bit lame
- We all telegraphed Dany going mad and destroying KL
- The ballistas were amazing last episode, now they were utterly useless
- Euron was just annoying although I understand why he wanted to fight Jaime (someone up there^ asked, the reason is that if Cersei took Jaimie back then he'd be out on his ear and no longer the "King" he thought he was)

All in all I thought it was a good watch.

I am convinced there is more to come from Varys. He could well kill her from beyond the grave, he had a pretty decent network of contacts.

Cue the forces of Dorne arriving in the final episode to deal with the remaining unsullied and dothraki

I hope they have a way of dealing with the dragon. After hearing about KL I suspect they would head the other way.

what is going to give them rotational torque ?

If that is on your mind there was a great reddit post that worked out the force needed to fire that thing through another ship and with such speed. They are now known as rail guns :p

Man of Honour
Well to answer someones earlier question about the ratings.. seems that this episode got 49% on Rotten Tomatoes, making it the lowest rated episode in the shows history (knocking an episode in season 5 into 2nd place on 54%)

smr

smr

Soldato
I am convinced there is more to come from Varys. He could well kill her from beyond the grave, he had a pretty decent network of contacts.

I hope they have a way of dealing with the dragon. After hearing about KL I suspect they would head the other way.

If that is on your mind there was a great reddit post that worked out the force needed to fire that thing through another ship and with such speed. They are now known as rail guns :p

rail guns? ahhh havent heard that one for years, great quake 3 memories :)

Soldato
what is going to give them rotational torque ? they have the tinniest little spiral pattern on the front thats going to have 0 effect of doing anything to make the bolts spin

guns and stuff have spiral patterns on the inside of the barrel to give spin in order for the bullet or shell to fly straight

these bolts wouldnt be ripping through ships like they do either it's all stupid as hell unless they are magic bolts dipped in unicorn pee or the ships are made from balsa wood

and kings landing has how much time to prepare for the north coming? bit only mount a few scorpions on the outer walls
just as a point of interest, when I did archery a company had just come out w/ a form of spiral fletching that made the arrows spin for greater accuracy. never got a chance to try though so I can't comment on whether or not it was just a bit gimmicky. doubt it would work on something the size of an anti-dragon projectile though :D

Soldato
So many people still watching this in spite of seemingly despising it.

I can't disagree that it feels like it would end better at the end of season 7, but that doesn't stop me enjoying it now for what it is - just a rush to the end with some great battles. Don't over-analyse - that series died ages ago - just disengage brain, watch and enjoy. Or don't.

Back
Top Bottom