Memory for Ryzen 3 1200

Associate
I am putting together a system for my son, and trying to keep it lowish cost, but also not skimp too much...

I am quite confused about the memory support for Ryzen CPUs.

If I have a Ryzen 3 1200, would the following memory and MOBO combination work, please?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £135.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Many thanks :)

Soldato
Should be fine. I've just had a look at the compatibility checker on the Team Group site and it does come up as compatible for that motherboard. Looked on ASRock's site, but the only 3000 Team Group RAM that is on the compatibility list is the Dark Pro. I think there is a lot of RAM that doesn't get tested by board manufacturers though.

Associate
As said, not all memory are tested for every motherboard manufacturer.
For experience, most incompatibility comes from exotic high frequency kits or the nasty cheap ones. If the memory mentioned don't flag many problems after googling about them, I would call the shot.

Soldato
Take the memory support on motherboard websites as gospel, when I had a ryzen 1200 with a b350m gaming pro I had 8gb of ballistix sport LT which wasn’t on any compatibility list yet they worked spot on, the same ram is in my b450i board, again not on the compatible list and been working spot on as they should.

The team group be a good shout otherwise look elsewhere for some hyper fury.

Back
Top Bottom