Rage 2 - Announce trailer

Associate
Getting 70ish FPS at 3440x1440 buttery smooth. Game told me to update my driver but have left it so far. Everything max except I turn off motion blur and depth of field. Also turned shadows down 1 notch.

Great fun so far. The world is very bombastic and always has stuff going on around you. Looks nice and interesting to explore if you like open worlds. Combat really solid although I have no powers as such yet. Even has the now meme like it seems tough female soldier with one side of her head shaved.

Soldato
I use a mixture of the two.

I wouldn't say one "smashes" either, both have good points.

Tongue and cheek mate but yeah, I've used hwinfo64 for a few years now, it's options for monitoring and customising overlay is brilliant. The amount of hardware it monitors is fantastic. I don't use Afterburner at all, no need for it to be installed on my both my systems (one AMD one Nvidia)

Soldato
I have MIS Afterburner on my secondary monitor but as soon as I launch the game it disappears.
Should I try some other monitoring software or am I missing some thing?

Caporegime
Wife is out for a few hours tonight, so I'll fire this up.

From the reports online, 4K performance is surprisingly punishing even with a 2080Ti (which I am fortunate enough to own)

To be honest, 50fps with 'soft Vsync' will hopefully be enough, i'm used to playing Xbox One X titles that are locked 30fps so unlocked 40-50 is fine

If not I may have to make use of that resolution scale slider - 85% would be 3264x1836 and from 9ft away from a 65" OLED TV I doubt I would even notice.

Permabanned
Heads up

AMD's 19.5.1 driver that has RAGE 2 support is a mess for me.

The cut scene at the start judders with a 22fps average and any attempt to record it with Radeon Relive cause a total system crash.

Last night I recorded the start intro on the previous driver 19.4.3 & it was fine unlike today when I started a fresh playthrough.

First 20 minutes: (The intro)

As for the game itself:

I really like what I've played so far, Having played the original not that long ago it feels familiar but it also has a lot more to it so I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

It's worth taking the time to read the pda updates you get on characters etc as they paint the story of how the Rage World & the players (some you'll recognize/remember) have become what they are today.

Soldato
Anybody got there key who pre-ordered from CDkeys yet? Before someone says it, I've always got my pre-order keys on time and before the release date up to now so not interested any advice to stay clear thanks all the same...

Edit: And 2 minutes later it appears! :)

Caporegime
Is that for downloading or launching the game or is it just in-game? I remember having to create a Bethesda account for Wolfenstein to get some bonus stuff.

Dunno, im gald i never pre-ordered it though, as thats only popped up post launch.

Yer all mad getting it on Steam if yer having to get a Beth. account as well, you might as well just buy the **** on Beth., and **** Steam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom