Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I will eat every pair of shoes I own if this happens. He's too secondary a character and hasn't had enough screen time to justify it.

"When you plan the season you have to avoid giving the audience exactly what they want because things then start to become predictable" - D&D GoT Revealed Ep5

Having either Jon or Dani on the throne is too "predictable" in D&D's own words so I'm guessing another will claim it and the next in-line is Gendry :D

Soldato
Jon sitting on a throne that (he's spent most of the series telling anybody who listens) he doesnt want is not predictable. Having a list minute change of heart and taking the throne would be unpredictable but that won't happen. He'll either die or give it up some way.

smr

smr

Soldato
I don't know about anyone else but I remember thinking "why do I feel like I actually feel a bit sorry for Cersei" last night, when she was in the tower looking at all the destruction. Was a bit weird in that all series she's been a complete ***** but then it made it feel a bit like she was the good one lol.

Caporegime
I don't know about anyone else but I remember thinking "why do I feel like I actually feel a bit sorry for Cersei" last night, when she was in the tower looking at all the destruction. Was a bit weird in that all series she's been a complete ***** but then it made it feel a bit like she was the good one lol.

I didn’t feel anything for her at all. I was hoping there would be some direct dragon fire into the entire red keep to blow it up and not for it to collapse like that.

Man of Honour
I didn’t feel anything for her at all. I was hoping there would be some direct dragon fire into the entire red keep to blow it up and not for it to collapse like that.

I was hoping that instead of being crushed by rubble , she would get stabbed in the stomach by someone and have severe abdominal injuries resulting not only in the loss of her unborn child but rending her womb permanently damaged and unable to ever bear children again.

Soldato
It made no sense at all. Dany’s character arc should have led to her simply flying up to the red keep and blowing Cersei to pieces. Instead we get some forced genocide just to get a dramatic end to the series.

Man of Honour
I don't know what's more entertaining, the actual show itself or coming here afterwards to paddle in the salty brine.

If next weeks finale ends in the manner the leak suggests, with the person on the throne that the leak suggests, then you'll have to bring your armbands next week as you'll be drowning in the waters rather than paddling :D

Soldato
Dany’s character arc should have led to her simply flying up to the red keep and blowing Cersei to pieces. Instead we get some forced genocide just to get a dramatic end to the series.
I'm actually less upset about this than I am about the fact a lot of folk seem to think it's fine! If she'd had bouts of uncontrollable rage in secret before, and only Missandei had been able to 'tame the dragon' with some Summer Isles Tea or something, I could have enjoyed this... we'd have seen her struggling with a dark side that she'd kept hidden from everyone, and we'd have the tension of not knowing which side would ultimately win.

As it is Dany was harsh but fair all the way and then... bingo, dingo, flamingo!

I don't know what's more entertaining, the actual show itself or coming here afterwards to paddle in the salty brine.

I've said before that the only good thing about this series is the Brexity levels of 'debate' after each show. They've given me far more entertainment than watching D&D urinating onto the smouldering remnants of the once magnificent Game of Thrones fire. Fair play to the actors and other creatives though; they kept the fire burning as long as they possibly could.

Man of Honour
i can't believe some people have named their kids khaleesi.

When there are celebrities who name their kids..

Poppy Honey
Daisy Boo
Petal Blossom
Buddy Bear
Fifi Trixiebell
Peaches Honeyblossom
Little Pixie
Heavenly Hirangi Tiger Lily

and

Speck Wildhorse…. nothing surprises me

Soldato
I will reiterate I enjoyed the episode.
I feel people are now being upset for the sake of being upset.
I can see the inconsistency with the scorpion weapons, but you can't argue both ways were terrible.
If they'd shot the first scene differently to involve an ambush, it would have been easier to palate, but as for her smoking the entire fleet when flying attack vectors, that is fine to me.
Dragon were what conquered the entire world at a time.
They can be that powerful.
I think the conversion of Dany has been on show for a couple of season in smaller ways, even traceable back to her own brother having his head melted to her not caring, as he wasn't a true Targ.
She roasted those who stood in her way.
She wanted to roast KL when she first arrived.
She saw her nearest and dearest die one by one, starting with Selmy, Mormont, Missandi, she saw her love become distant.
She saw he become in her mind a rival, he lied to her, he told people.
She saw her spymaster turn against her, her hand make mistake after mistake.

Every single person she has 'loved' has betrayed her, so now she will rule by fear.

I liked it, i loved the hound getting battered being cut scenes with Arya being battered by falling masonry.
It looked beautiful, so well set, so well done, CGI worked very nicely for the most part too.
I liked that Dany killed Cersei (indirectly), I had hoped for Jamie to be the one, but... keep us guessing D&D.

Now what i wonder is will Dany try to roast Jon, and find he is immune to flames, and kills her instead?
Will Jon and Grey Worm fight a duel?
Will Arya go after Dany, or will Arya slay the dragon?

Really looking forward to the finale.

Man of Honour
Its two ends of a see-saw, you are going to get people who will complain about a lot of stuff in the final season and you will get people who are so much into GoT that they wont see anything wrong with any of it. Then there are people at different gradients in between.

Permabanned
It made no sense at all. Dany’s character arc should have led to her simply flying up to the red keep and blowing Cersei to pieces. Instead we get some forced genocide just to get a dramatic end to the series.

She's lost quite a lot since coming to Westoros. All for a land of people that continued to dismiss her for a foreigner, who now go as far to conspire against her despite being the one person that saved them all.

I think the thought of burning the whole lot of you into dust would cross my mind too.

But thoughts like this are natural to Dany, so the genocide made sense to me.

:)

Within 10 minutes of the last episode, I felt the urge to do the latter.

Back
Top Bottom