Rage 2 - Announce trailer

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just seen on Steam, that you also needs a Beth. account as well for it.

As they say on Dragons Den, Im Out!. :D
+1

Not a must play game for me, so will pick it up when it is a fiver or something if I fancy playing it at some point. Shame Beth have gone down this route. EA and Ubi have missed out on a lot of money from me.

Caporegime
Sounds like it from what I've read. As is the case with many games lately.

Absolutely sick of this as well, there's really no such thing as a full game until they decide to release a "game of the year" edition a couple of years down the road. Hiding finished INCLUDED content behind ******** microtransactions is a total joke. About time this got looked into and microtransactions totally abolished.

Permabanned

Shame, I rolled back to 19.4.3 & while it has performance issues every now & then it is letting me record without the hanging.

Just seen on Steam, that you also needs a Beth. account as well for it.

As they say on Dragons Den, Im Out!. :D

+1

Not a must play game for me, so will pick it up when it is a fiver or something if I fancy playing it at some point. Shame Beth have gone down this route. EA and Ubi have missed out on a lot of money from me.

That's a bit of an odd one, I was bothered by it as well but I haven't had to do anything other than install the game and boot it up like I do with every other Steam game, I'm not sure why, I don't recall ever connecting my Steam account with a Bethesda one, maybe I'm forgetting & it was required for Fallout 4 or Fallout 4's Creation club?

Associate
+1

Me too

Was stoked for the game for months but the more I saw from the video’s the more things I noticed to put me off. Maybe I’ll wait for a price drop

Soldato
Another hour played tonight, summary is story doesn't really mean much because you just wanna skip past that and go blow some stuff up, it's that good in that sense which kind of puts the story secondary imo.

Runs superbly well looks rather well in 4k although I reckon they did probably have room for a bit more eye candy...no loading screens really does help.

All in all it's great fun and you can just pick it up, drop it then pick it up when you last left off.

I'd say it's a solid 7/8 out of ten and I do agree with most of the reviews so far.

Caporegime
I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 hours I got to play last night. Already unlocked the grav jump. Hardest thing so was has been the Authority tower thing.

Resources seem very abundant as well.

I thought the DLC roadmap was all for free stuff?

Edit - two paid DLCs in August and "fall". I guess not. Nobody will still be playing it then.

Soldato
Looks to me like they took their superb Mad Max game code reskinned it a little & threw a few other different things on top!

Caporegime
Not really, Mad Max is third person and the driving is pretty decent and integral part of the game.

Rage 2 is a first person shooter where you get super powers, and the driving is really to get from A to B.

Soldato
As someone who sees storylines and character development as being integral to a game, I'm disappointed that it seems to follow the same formula as the original; bland world, weak story and poor characters. I'll admit, the gun play looks superb, but without a decent narrative to tie it all together, it's of little interest to me at the moment.

Caporegime
As someone who sees storylines and character development as being integral to a game, I'm disappointed that it seems to follow the same formula as the original; bland world, weak story and poor characters. I'll admit, the gun play looks superb, but without a decent narrative to tie it all together, it's of little interest to me at the moment.

I'm play a lot of single player games, and rarely does the story rise above generic, sadly.

Games with stories that I thought were particularly good this decade are:

The Last of Us
Horizon: Zero Dawn
God of War

I wish I could say Red Dead 2 was amazing, but I got to the start of Chapter III and gave up with it.

Caporegime
Been cracked already.

Denuvo has been the number one choice of DRM for major publishers for quite some time now. Occasionally though, a studio will screw up its implementation and pave the way for swift piracy despite intentions to protect at least the first week of sale. We saw this happen with Mass Effect Andromeda, which used an outdated, already cracked version of Denuvo. Now, Bethesda has fallen into a similar trap with Rage 2, which was cracked on its very first day.

While Denuvo cracks usually come around a lot quicker nowadays, pirates didn’t have to circumvent the protection software at all for Rage 2. The Steam version of Rage 2 does ship with Denuvo DRM baked in but over on Bethesda.net, the day-1 version of the game shipped without it and instead relied on the Bethesda Store’s online check-in.

This gave crackers a clean .exe file to work with, simply leaving the need to bypass Bethesda’s online check-in to get the game running.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/bethesda-managed-to-make-rage-2s-denuvo-drm-pointless/

PMSL! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not getting the desolate dry atmosphere I liked from Mad Max and the combat is not quite the pure visceral experience of Doom though I'm still early in the game. However it is quite fun mixing the two game styles more than Mad Max.

The environment seems more detailed when driving around than when doing the location clearing which might become a bit tedious. Mad Max was like that though you could spend a lot of time tacking down all the locations and hidden items or I assume you can do the story mission and finish in probably 10 hours (from reviews).

Back
Top Bottom