• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 570 temp

Associate
So been playing PUBG with my new RX 570, everything runs at ultra great and happy days. However, I have noticed that the temp is hitting 85 degrees when I am playing. the minute I exit the game though, it drops immediately to 70% and then slowly drops.
I have always been told GPU shouldn't go over 80 degrees, should I be worried? am thinking I should get another fan. it is the stock Sapphire RX570 Nitro + fan.
fan is hitting 2100rpm when I play and slowly drops when I stop so fan speed doesn't seem to be an issue.

any opinions would be appreciated.

Associate
Think that's actually pretty normal for the AMD cards, they tend to be on the toasty side. But they're made to do it, I wouldn't worry. Had loads of AMD cards that ran hot but they were fine, all of them lasted years. I wouldn't want it any hotter, but I think it's just up at the thermal limit.

You might want to look at your case airflow, what kind of case and fan set up do you have?

Associate
OP
got a silverstone quite case, front fan blowing in (i think its 90mm) with CPU blowing towards PSU and out and another 80mm case fan blowing out. i think my main issue is that the GPU fan is blowing downwards where its trapping air a bit. i might open up a few expansion slots at the back to aid airflow

Associate
Yeh, those fans are on the smaller side. Ideally you want 120/140mm ones. But I'm presuming you wanted a more compact set up. Opening up a few expansion slots is something I did myself in the past, any kind of opening will help a little.

Like I say, the AMD cards do tend to run hotter but are designed to withstand the higher temps. So nothing to worry about there.

Soldato
Thank you for the comforting words! i have thought about upgrading fans so might do that soon just on the safe side.
First thing you should do is go into the Radeon Application, and find the setting that allow you to limit your max frame rate.

You should limit the frame rate to = or 1 fps less of the max refresh rate of your display:
https://www.amd.com/system/files/DH-012-19.png
you will pretty much instant see lower GPU temp since it will no longer render frame that your screen cannot display, and the lower GPU usage and temp would mean lower fan noise.

Back
Top Bottom