Liquid Spark

Associate
Thought i would try out a new Amp/Dac combo.

Dacmagic 100.
Monolith Liquid Spark.

was going to get the JDS Labs Atom/O2 Dac but thought i would give the Spark a try as i have never had anything made or designed by Alex Cavalli (to be honest never even heard of him till last month).

Anyway plugged in my T50RP mk3's , Gain on , 50% volume , more than loud enough .
Unlike with my Creative E5 with Gain on and 75% volume (anything more and the sound distorts) dont seem to be getting the sibilence (well not as much).

Got rid of my Schiit Magni3/Modi3 for a Topping A30/D30 stack which i got rid of when all i have been using the last couple of months was the Creative E5.

Hmm , only thing i will miss on the E5 though is its ease of use when using the EQ settings Bass/Dialogue plus etc.

Only just realised you can have multiple Dac/Amps connected via USB at the same time and can just left click on the volume icon and enable what Dac/Amp you want to output to, Doh never new that , so no need to retire the E5.

FWYVNlS.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nice, where'd you get it?

ebay USA , dont know why there are no retailers over here in europe that stock it , even Monoprice UK dont have it.

Was a bit dubious about the PSU brick but its just a standard 110/240v with detachable 2 pin cable.

Soldato
Old thread I know but are you still using the liquid spark? I've seen it recommended elsewhere online and tempted to buy one to slowly build up my audio equipment.

Back
Top Bottom