(Wireless) mouse around £60

Soldato
Soldato
Hi all

After a mouse to replace my Roccat Kone Pure Optical - used this for a few years now and it's battered so needs retiring
I have around £60 for a new mouse. I play Arma 3 and BF4 and that's about it. 2-4 assignable buttons would be great for shortcuts on these games etc. Wireless would be nice but absolutely not essential. I have a palm grip, right handed.

Any ideas? I have looked at MX Master 2S but have read that it isn't the best for gaming...

Thanks

Soldato
G305. It's not Kone-shaped though. But I've adapted to a G Pro Wireless quite easily (I prefer WMO-style mice).

For Palm Grip, then a G403 Wireless, but outside budget. I would prefer it with the HERO sensor (extended battery life).

G603... dunno. Some comments qbout the quality.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
G305. It's not Kone-shaped though. But I've adapted to a G Pro Wireless quite easily (I prefer WMO-style mice).

For Palm Grip, then a G403 Wireless, but outside budget. I would prefer it with the HERO sensor (extended battery life).

G603... dunno. Some comments qbout the quality.
Theres a £60 difference between G403 wired and wireless - surely they are the same mouse though??

Soldato
Theres a £60 difference between G403 wired and wireless - surely they are the same mouse though??

Yes, it's just the wireless tech that costs. They are the same mice otherwise.

The G403 wireless has been replaced by the G703. These are virtually identical as well.

What's outdated, in the G403 / G703 wireless, is that they use a full 3366 sensor, and not the more efficient HERO sensor. So their battery life isn't as good (think 2 days / 3 days, rather than 2 weeks).

Hence why the G703 has lightspeed technology over the G403, but IMO, it's overrated (you need a special trackpad, and it's too small for me).

I haven't seen any difference in sensor performance between my G403 (wired), my G703 (wireless), and my GPro (wireless).

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Hm OK I think I will just go for a wired one then. Get a lot more for the money. Ive tried my brothers original mx master and whilst it's good I could do with 1 or 2 more buttons for arma keybind
Does the g703 wireless require the special track pad? At the minute I am just using my mouse direct on oak veneer table

Soldato
TBH, if you're not completely sold on the wireless stuff, you can save yourself a headache, and go with a good wired mouse. There are plenty to recommend. You can go super-light, you can go heavy, you can go with loads of buttons, ect...

IMO the wireless tech is fantastic, but it's not without compromises. Choice, shape, number of buttons, price. But technically, they're almost indstinguishable from wired mice.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
TBH, if you're not completely sold on the wireless stuff, you can save yourself a headache, and go with a good wired mouse. There are plenty to recommend. You can go super-light, you can go heavy, you can go with loads of buttons, ect...

IMO the wireless tech is fantastic, but it's not without compromises. Choice, shape, number of buttons, price. But technically, they're almost indstinguishable from wired mice.

Yeah I am thinking so. What would you go for £60ish wired palm grip with a few buttons maybe 4-6 assignable buttons? Some form of lighting would be good but not essential
Is corsair m65 any good? Or better off looking at logitech offerings

V F

V F

Soldato

Especially with a Paracord cable.

Associate
I am considering the G502 Wired HERO

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/logi...rmance-gaming-mouse-910-005469-kb-25u-lg.html

Any thoughts? Does this require the special mousepad?

The HERO sensor tunes itself to the mousepad so you can use your existing one, looks like Logitech are starting to use it in wired mice over the 3366 too. The PowerPlay mouse mat is made for wireless mice that have that feature (like wireless charging on new smartphones).

I have a G502 lying around in a box somewhere, I couldn't get on with it for FPS, it was too heavy and clunky. That's just my experience though, you will probably love it as thousands and thousands of other users do (especially the extra buttons).

Alas, I stuck with a Zowie EC2-A because the shape is perfect for me and it's nicely weighted. I use an MX Master at work and love it (horrible for FPS games though).

Associate
another vote for the G502, I use myself and it's comfy for long sessions. For a wireless option, the G305 is decent and well under your budget, I use one for travel with a laptop :)

Associate
G305 if you like the shape, the curved edges and the small size were a little bit too much for me. I still like it but I prefer the G Pro Wireless although it's a lot more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom