The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
Undertaker is going to be the next Ric Flair, wrestling in to his 70’s

Gonna be interesting to see the reception Goldberg gets....

As for Undertaker, yup long past his prime and still tries to keep going, might only be a couple of times a year but it only takes a few minutes of him being in a regular match and he looks like he needs oxygen.

Soldato
I've finally pulled the trigger and cancelled Sky Sports, giving up on WWE after about 20 years. it's just not fun any more. the PG era was the death knell it seemed, even though they're edging back on a few things, and the 3 hour should just nailed the coffin shut. the plotting and writing is just rubbish, the promos are pretty much uninventive and tedious across the board, you can tell they're just dragging **** out to fill air time. The amount of wrestling is less that 1/3 of the air time, I watch w/ FFWD on more than actual watching, it seems. Things picked up a bit after the godawful ratings around Dec when they claimed they were listening and we'd see new faces etc etc, and it lasted about 2 weeks, now not only is it the same faces each show, but it's the same damn faces that are doing the cross-overs too! Loads of talent are being ignored or wasted, so it's time to save myself a few quid a month.
I also stopped getting PPVs, which would have been unthinkable a decade or so ago. the prices went up, the matches were just generic thing rather than feud resolutions etc, and i'm ****** sick of matches being on pre-shows, which I don't get on Sky. I look on wrestlinginc or such for the card and order if it seems to be worth the dosh; at the mo, MITB is yet another miss, I can't stomach another charlotte flair match.

Associate
They just killed it introducing this whole special gust Superstar appearance in either brand now, what was the point of the shake up and moving superstars to different brands? Pointless and the direction and writing gotten dumb since.

Caporegime
There was a post made a few days ago by an alleged insider phoning into a podcast, assuming this is legit it points to 1 person being the problem, no prizes for guessing who it is.

- Nobody should ever rip WWE creative. They have some brilliant and cool ideas. They have 1 month, 3 month, and 12 months storylines. They are told they are writing for an audience of 1. He said that some of the ideas he heard were really good.

- They said Hunter is very frustrated each night in the back. He looks like the most frustrated person in the building each night and he is always consoling the talent.

- The Wild Card idea was not in the script as of last Monday Morning.

- The Superstar shakeup changed week to week and it did not end up at all how it was to go off. Months of planning went into how it was to go down and it all was thrown out the window.

- The Smackdown and Raw writing teams are the same for both shows now.

- Vince wants suggestions for everyone but rarely uses them.

- The writers said he doesn’t watch NXT and maybe watches the Takeovers. So he doesn’t really know much about the talents that come up and just creates his own vision for them.

- The writers said he doesn’t keep track of anything outside WWE. Basically he watches the network and works out.

- There is no chance he steps down or takes a step back until the day he dies even with the XFL.

- They said Dana Brooke has been the hardest worker over the last three years. She gets there early, works in the ring etc. Does anything she can to get better. They pitch TV segments for her and she gets nothing.

- Right now they are all working for Dana Warrior.

- They have it in their contract that under no circumstances that the show would be moved to FS1. It will stay on Fox.

- They all loved Road Dog and feel like he will end up with AEW.

- It is a toxic atmosphere because of Vince.

- When Neville left there was a shouting match between him and Vince. He flipped out on him and it was the lats time they ever saw him.

The stop start stuff we see is because Vince gets interested for a week and then changes his mind. He said this is demoralizing for the talent and the writers because they work so hard to put this stuff together and then he just changes his mind. It gets to a point where everything you are writing is not on TV and then you watch the stuff on TV and it’s so bad.

- The talent is very unhappy. There are people wanting/trying to get out of their contracts.

- Bruce Prichard is a pleasure to work with but he hasn’t made a difference. He can’t get through to Vince either. They said Shane has even had conversations with Vince and Vince laughed him off. Shane, HHH and Steph have all tried this.

- They all assume they will get fired. They all listen to popular podcasts and it breaks their heart because they get bashed but they really have no say.
- They have 37 total writers.

- Andrade went to Vince and asked for a legit push. Vince told him to learn some English and kicked him out of the office. I guess last week he had a promo and spoke some English. He’s also taking English classes.

- They said the Firefly Funhouse is all Bray Wyatt’s idea. He is a genius when it comes to character development.

- They said when Fox first came in they said they wanted the top stars and are not paying for a B show.

- They said the best time they had the last few years was when there was brand specific PPV’s because so many guys got so many opportunities.

- The Zayn character is Vince yelling at the fans and the critics and despises that the fans don't enjoy what he is giving them.

So basically the 73 year old "chairman" who somehow thinks he's in touch with what people in their teens\twenties\thirties etc wants is the cause of the issues. Pity he can't somehow get voted out, it baffles me that they allegedly have 37 writers yet every show looks and feels like it was thrown together 2 minutes before airtime due to Vince constantly changing his mind, micromanaging and generally dicking around.

Associate
There was a post made a few days ago by an alleged insider phoning into a podcast, assuming this is legit it points to 1 person being the problem, no prizes for guessing who it is.

So basically the 73 year old "chairman" who somehow thinks he's in touch with what people in their teens\twenties\thirties etc wants is the cause of the issues. Pity he can't somehow get voted out, it baffles me that they allegedly have 37 writers yet every show looks and feels like it was thrown together 2 minutes before airtime due to Vince constantly changing his mind, micromanaging and generally dicking around.

Hence why you see Cody and Y2J not at the WWE anymore, even if they got offered more money they still don't want to go back because of Vince.

Caporegime
Hence why you see Cody and Y2J not at the WWE anymore, even if they got offered more money they still don't want to go back because of Vince.

The man is a loon, he needs to accept he's not the "Genius" that only he and he alone thinks he is. But he's too stubborn to quit, he thinks he knows best, he's already stated on a few occasions he would never retire. Whats the point of having 30+ writers if all their ideas constantly get rejected and the show is just slapped together? He's succeeded in making "wrestling" a lot more complicated than it ever should have to be.

Caporegime
And Vince brings back the most boring "wrestler" of recent times (lesnar) to walk into the ring, climb the ladder and win the main event last night.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
What’s that new AEW wrestling all about. They’ve even got their first PPV on ITV box office tonight, with Y2J wrestling. Cody Rhodes is wrestling his bro, Dustin as well.

Apparently it’s backed by the fella who owns Fulham and wants to buy Wembley, Shahid Khan, and his son Tony.

Soldato
Watched the AEW show. For such and early outing it was damn good. Wrestlers with more interesting moves and characters. Way better actual wrestling, little time on dumb stories. Jr doing commentary etc. You can just tell they are trying to be different and it's refreshing.
Dusty went a bit crazy with the cut and blood though.
No shaky cam, no dodgy highlight reel speeding and slowing things down etc.
Also Jack Whitehall announcing the best to Bret Hart bringing it to the ring.

Last edited:
Soldato
just watched AEW PPV, best thing i've seen in a long time, reminded me why i liked wrestling. 4 hour show, about 3:30 of wrestling, instead of WWE having 50 mins on a 3hr show or the like. will definitely watch the TV if it comes to a channel i have but probably not another PPV - the TVPlayer streamer is 'ing useless w/ my caccy broadband and hardly buffers so you can build up some stop-free time. i still have the old Sky digibox and they don't support them >:(

Soldato
I watched AEW and I thought it was great but they have a long way to go before they can reach WWE, at this point I would compare they to TNA or ROH, the look of things reminds me of WCW but I should have expected that from tony and cody, they still need to work on a few things but it was a good first show, im hoping they will get the tuning right buy September.

JR was great, he's not lost a step.

Bret Hart - looked unwell and a bit over weight, he was a bit wobble with the belt.

The AEW title - IWGP Heavyweight and the WCW World Championship x Mid south, I dont really like it as much as I was expected, I think they should have just had 3 plates spreading things out a bit, it looks a bit squashed together.

The battle royal was not really interesting but the wrestler I never new of but stuck out to me was luchasaurus

worst match - Sammy guevara. I was expecting a lot better from a AAA champ, he looked like he was chewing gum throughout the match and not really interested in the match,

the best match of the show IMO was cody vs Dustin (gold dust)taking you back to old school wrestling and dustin has proven me right one of the best and most under rated wrestlers I thought he was the best wrestler of the show, showing his experience and still not looking old or out dated I was a bit worried about the cut maybe he slipped a bit or because he's not cut himself in ages, the blood was all over.

Women - match was great

Lucha bros vs young bucks was great but it seamed to me they all had some injuries so they could not give 100%.

Y2J vs Kenny was ok but they could have done a little better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom