Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Just shows how fragrances vary from person to person then, because Sauvage (admittedly mine is the EDT) is the worst-lasting of the ones I've got. Put it on at 8am and by lunchtime, I can't smell it - doesn't happen with any of my others. A shame really as I love the smell, even though aficionados say it's far too common.

In the last week, I have a new favourite that's usurped the mighty Armani ADG Profumo ... Dolce & Gabbana's The One. Jesus, I love this stuff and can see why it gets the hype it does - it's rapidly become my daily go-to.

I know it's apparently a shadow of its former self, but I've also bought a bottle of YSL's La Nuit de l'Homme this morning - another heavily-hyped one that I'm curious to try.

Next on the list, when I can find a seller that isn't selling it at an overly-inflated price, is Chanel's Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, which again I've heard nothing but good things about.

So currently my collection consists of:
  • D&G - The One
  • Armani - ADG Profumo
  • Dior - Sauvage
  • Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
  • Creed - Aventus
  • Versace - Man Eau Fraich
  • Calvin Klein - Obsession
I will stop at some point, honest ... but damn, it's addictive - never been such a brand whore my entire life.

Thanks for the list - I agree it is very addictive. I get nose-blind very quickly, so like to have a good selection. I have 7 at the moment but fear that I may need to increase it to 9 or 10 to maintain full nose awareness ;):D

Soldato
Recently added Bleu de Chanel EDP and Dior Homme Parfum to my collection. Bleu De Chanel is very similar to Sauvage EDP and Versace Dylan Blue but much better imo.

Dior Homme Parfum is REALLY good. Bought a tester bottle cheap off the bay after reading reviews and it's easily the strongest/longest lasting fragrance I've ever tried. Definitely give this one a try for date night/formal event. It's very similar to Homme Intense but with more depth, so don't confuse the 2!

Associate
Thanks for the list - I agree it is very addictive. I get nose-blind very quickly, so like to have a good selection. I have 7 at the moment but fear that I may need to increase it to 9 or 10 to maintain full nose awareness ;):D
Yeah, maybe that's the issue with me and Sauvage EDT then - nose blindness/olfactory fatigue. Doesn't seem to happen with any of my others though.

I've got the YSL La Nuit de l'Homme on today and my word, I can see what all the fuss is about - even though I put it on 8am this morning, I keep getting the odd subtle whiff of it at 4.45 in the afternoon. Didn't expect that after all the talk about the current formulation not being as good as it was. Awesome smell. Got tentative drinkies arranged with a female friend tomorrow night, so will definitely be wearing this one if that goes ahead ;)

Definitely a right battle going on between this and the D&G for my daily fave ...

Soldato
Yeah, maybe that's the issue with me and Sauvage EDT then - nose blindness/olfactory fatigue. Doesn't seem to happen with any of my others though.

I've got the YSL La Nuit de l'Homme on today and my word, I can see what all the fuss is about - even though I put it on 8am this morning, I keep getting the odd subtle whiff of it at 4.45 in the afternoon. Didn't expect that after all the talk about the current formulation not being as good as it was. Awesome smell. Got tentative drinkies arranged with a female friend tomorrow night, so will definitely be wearing this one if that goes ahead ;)

Definitely a right battle going on between this and the D&G for my daily fave ...

Might have to get YSL Nuit then!

I’d seriously recommend Amraf trés Nuit for a great fragrance that lasts at least 7hrs with 4 spritz’.

My missus likes most of my fragrances, although she has a thing for citrus whilst I’m more woody/earthy/sweet mixes.

Soldato
Armaf Tres Nuit Pour Homme

Bought this as per this thread - got it - sniffed it - smells like Brut or some other cheapo Xmas gift pack thingy ... Am I wrong?! :D
Well... it is a clone of something else (creed Aventus I think?) don’t expect much from clones. :p

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Its a clone of Green Irish Tweed, and not a great one at that imo.

Parfums Vintage, Emerald Isle or Verbena Fields are far better without paying Creed prices. :)

Soldato
Armaf Tres Nuit Pour Homme

Bought this as per this thread - got it - sniffed it - smells like Brut or some other cheapo Xmas gift pack thingy ... Am I wrong?! :D

What! I’m disappointed that you didn’t like it/got a dodgy one?

It’s my staple fragrance now, which means i’ll be going noseblind to it soon.

In other news, based on reviews here, ... it has arrived...

Associate

Hope the La Nuit de l'Homme works as well for you as it does for me, after I bigged it up a few posts ago! Utterly addicted to both it and D&G The One - I'm alternating between the two every day at the moment.

My father was a dedicated Old Spice man - not sure what he'd make of his eldest son being into all this posh French and Italian stuff ...

Associate
Lol how long do think that bottle will last you? I suppose it actually makes sense to buy the 500ml rather than multiple smaller bottles.

I have just used scent samples.uk to order a couple of samples, one being Green Irish Tweed. I have another sample of it but its a copy sample, Has any used them before?

I have just sprayed the copy on one wrist and the supposed real sample on the other. I would guess it is a legit sample or at least it smells more natual than the other.

They have both dried down now, the 'real' one if it is real is better. The copy is close but the 'real' one has more to it.

I think Ill order 50ml.

Is there a good site that has genuine samples for the more high end stuff?

Soldato
What! I’m disappointed that you didn’t like it/got a dodgy one?

It’s my staple fragrance now, which means i’ll be going noseblind to it soon.

I’m wearing Y as my everyday scent now. It’s so fresh, but not like any other aquatic I’ve smelt before.

Gets loads of compliments too. I haven’t had a single negative comment.

Soldato

The parfum is new for 2019 and by all accounts seems a return to form after the original edt was watered down over the years.

Soldato
I got a fresh bottle of Creed Aventus from Selfridges Trafford Centre before Xmas, it doesn't smell as nice as first bottle I got 2 years ago, In fact I have had zero comments about the fragrance, whereas first bottle got me loads, no change in how much I put on or anything, scared to get another now at £250 a pop ;(

Soldato
I got a fresh bottle of Creed Aventus from Selfridges Trafford Centre before Xmas, it doesn't smell as nice as first bottle I got 2 years ago, In fact I have had zero comments about the fragrance, whereas first bottle got me loads, no change in how much I put on or anything, scared to get another now at £250 a pop ;(

Creed is notorious for batch variations.

There is an entire sub forum on Basenotes dedicated to Aventus
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/416244-Aventus-batch-numbers-part-2

Back
Top Bottom